Diablo nerfed too much?

So, l have a level 50 diablo. l played 200+ games of diablo. The change to devastating charge was a really hard hit. l can only use W build now. l mean the idea is great, but when you charge in, many times you need to have things like tracer or genji to follow you to utilize the armor reduction… at the same time, stitches can reliably reduce armor at level 13 without doing a quest, and stitches doesn’t need to charge in to pin someone on the wall to trigger the armor reduction, so the team can follow up with damage reasonably easier. So, why would someone go for Q build on diablo now?
l really think the devastating charge should be change back to the old way which is dealing bonus damage based on % max health, so it won’t instantly delete squish backline(which was fun for me, l have to admit), but also deal acceptable amount of damage to frontline.
Am l wrong? l feel l am really losing passion for this hero that l practiced so much. l hope blizzard consider this suggestion.

2 Likes

I mean… I guess they balanced it (it was admittedly needing a nerf), but it just feels toothless now. Sure it’s appropriate for team-play and sure there’s still a reason to go Q build, but part of Diablo’s playstyle was terrorizing the enemy team into making panicky decisions. And the fact that you still have to do the quest just adds insult to injury.

1 Like

I agree the nerf was misguided , They should have just nerfed the damage to cap at 150% instead of 200% for example but making it team dependant hurts Diablo respectability in tight corridors and make hinder his ability to make plays on his own or carry his team a bit with skillful engagement.
The build many displacements in general makes it much harder for allies to hit the target which is a valid point to test Diablo’s allies skill , but why should Diablo suffer for his allies weak skills !
He is much weaker in 1v1 as well because of this

1 Like

Perhaps they should’ve been a little creative with the debuff. For example, target becomes “terrorized” after the stun. This means they can’t receive buffs, shields, or cleanses from their allies for a short period. I dunno… something like that though seems more legit than a lame negative armor thing that’ll get wasted half the time.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I have being doing really well 4 out of 5 games have being victories with diablo.

His W build still works and is very great, but that’s only useful when the other team has like 3 or more frontline/melee assassin.

The Q change is two things, Diablo can no longer deal with them by himself, well like he ever did before, but on the other hand if your team worked well enough with you they can burst down the target much faster.

So it became more of a team reliant talent than it previously was before.

l admit it is good in organized higher tier game play, but l play QM…