Desperate husband need help: Shatter Lag issue - pause regularly in all game mode

Hi there,
My wife is BIG fan of HOTs, but she has been having this lagging issue for years and being angry with me for not fixing it. So please help! My computer is strong with GTX 1070 and using usb wireless adaptor. I am using the Verizon’s latest 5G router with 1000 Mps speed. Here is the winMTR:

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|pool-71-244-149-88.bltmmd.fios.verizon- 0 | 428 | 428 | 1 | 42 | 4498 | 1 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

please help!

A desperate husband. :frowning:

Hey there,

Try switching her to use a wired ethernet connection instead of using the USB wifi adapter. Wireless problems are a common cause of stuttering / lagging in HOTS. Looks like the WinMTR is showing latency spikes up to 4000ms, so if it’s not the wireless causing issues then it may be a router or internet provider issue they’ll need to check out.

thanks, Jambrix. Unfortunately, the wired ethernet is not an option for us… Do you think the problem could be solved if I switch to a wifi adaptor board instead of usb adaptor?

Hey there,

There are a number of things to try for wifi, such as:

• Changing wifi channels
  • Changing which USB port the device is plugged into
  • Trying different physical locations in the home either by moving the computer or using a USB extension cable (3.0 or higher, or the transfer speed may be throttled depending on how much bandwidth your ISP provides)
  • Updating the USB device’s drivers
  • Reinstalling any related software for the USB device

These are only a few of many many more options to try for Wifi troubleshooting. Just keep in mind there’s only so much we can do since the root issue is related to problems with wireless networking which is technically unsupported.

Hope the info helps. Let us know how things go!