Deathwing Rework Concept

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/concept/deathwing-rework-12170

1 Like

You coudln’t at least copy paste it?

I don’t like your reworks, they (to me) seem to lack proper knowledge on balance.

6 Likes

Did you really just remove the energy cost from every ability except Molten Flame and buff its damage by 80%?

And the way you compensated for this is by removing the “double damage vs Heroes” part of his trait, which just means that now he kills entire minion waves in 2 seconds with this one ability at base level.
But wait, you also gave a big buff to the damage of all of his other basic abilities by anywhere from 50% (for Lava Burst) to 100% (for Onslaught).

So basically, you minorly nerfed his PvP and instead made him the best solo-laner/split-pusher in the game.

And that’s not even touching the other buffs you gave his talents.

7 Likes

SMILE my dude I do have to commend you on the effort you put in for your reworks. The Heroesfire platform makes it look so neat. Unfortunately the other posters are right, the tuning is way off.

That being said, i do enjoy talking about DW.

I too miss the days of feeling like a formidable RAWR dragon flying in and stomping in Destroyer form. Yes he was tuned too high, but im sure there’s a way to still make him feel impressive without being OP.

Brainstorming ways to make Destroyer form great again, what if Incinerate was changed from an AOE all around him into a generous arc (like stitches slam) which DW needs to at least aim in the right direction? This gives enemy melee heroes a chance to counter by dodging the hit. This way, Incinerate’s damage / healing can be tuned up higher rewarding good DW players.

2 Likes

It is funny to see you treated in these comments the same way that you treat others. Even better bc you’re normally more of a jerk. Hopefully you’ll take it as a lesson and learn to be a better person in the future.

As for your rework i have to say i like some of your ideas alot. The specific numbers are really unbalanced and i prefer to let devs do that (even though they had the brilliant idea of giving etc an 8% cdr on noshpit and cassia like double her damage but whatever).

I specifically like some of the level 20 upgrades as well as your idea to give him benefits to losing plates. Could make him nore viable against heavy poke damage if the build was strong enough.