Deathwing Disconnect

I play Deathwing a lot, with a 61% winrate. I’m silver, but at my level, I know what I’m doing with the character. I often take a lot of landing talents and that is how I massacre unsuspecting opponents in late game. However, DW and all other heroes have a requirement that you have to make moves in 45 seconds or be disconnected. This just happened to me playing Deathwing, where I lost a close match because I was 5 or 10 seconds away from landing on all my enemies but I DC’ed right before that. Obviously once I DC, the AI does not know what my intentions were. This has happened multiple times but this time it has directly cost me a match. Very frustrating! Normally this timer makes sense for other heroes who are not in the sky, but DW is obviously different, depending on how he is played.

Why give me the option to take landing talents, and then penalize me for trying to use them effectively? Or I can start randomly landing so that I won’t DC, but then I can’t use my landing talents during the team fight, which makes them useless. DW is a bit like a murky or an abathur, he plays a bit differently and the game should recognize that. I have a 61% winrate, so I think that validates my sense that it is worth waiting to land in team fights instead of having to land earlier just so I won’t DC.

Please increase the DC time for DW specifically so that I can play Deathwing in one of the ways he is apparently intended to be played. Either that or remove the landing talents if DW isn’t meant to be played this way, because I keep getting DC’ed. Obviously there are Deathwing players that play differently, but if the talents encourage certain styles of play, then the way the game is designed should actually allow each of those playstyles to be possible.

You have 2 minutes until the 45 second timer comes up, then 45 seconds until it actually disconnects you.

If you’re flying up for almost 3 full minutes doing nothing with DW that’s 15% of the duration of a typical 20 minute match. Can’t say the system isn’t working as intended. You left your team to struggle 4v5 for 15% of the game.

As I said, I have a 61% winrate, so I have the stats to justify the way I play. My winrate comes from understanding the hero’s strenths. How much time you spend flying vs. walking is not what determines whether you win or not. That’s a simple way of looking at the game. I play to win the objectives and win the match, I don’t pick DW so I can stomp on minions and walk around the map. I’m asking that Blizz either removes the landing talents or modify the time penalty on DW specifically so I can play DW the way his talents intend for him to be played.

Oh wow, 60% winrate in silver league!!! Let me get my kneepads out.

It’s not a bug. AFKing in the air as deathwing is the same as AFKing with any other hero. 3 full minutes of doing absolutely nothing for your team.