Constant lag spikes while playing

I just started playing HotS a few days ago and I’ve so far endured constant lag spikes around 300-400ms every time the battle intensifies. No icon ever pops up with debug mode on. It has become quite annoying and has made it almost impossible to enjoy the game in any mode other than going up against the A.I.

I have done everything listed on the tech support website, and I do not have this issue in any other game (although this used to be a problem when I played WoW). I do not have any other processes running that would use my bandwidth (OneDrive, Xbox Game Bar, etc, etc)

Pastebin of WinMTR connected to the US Central server: |------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Tugboat,

From your WinMTR:

| 192.168.0.1 - 1 | 399 | 397 | 0 | 158 | 2948 :red_circle: | 0 |

You’re getting around 1% packet loss and spikes of 2948ms between the PC and router, so this is showing the problem starts within the home network.

If possible try swapping to a wired ethernet connection and then test again. Or if you only have access to wifi, make sure you’ve tried testing both 5ghz and 2.5ghz wifi channels if your router supports both.

My desktop doesn’t have wifi. It is wired only.