Connecting to streaming server

When i start Heroes of the storm, i get stuck on “Connecting to streaming server”. Ive seen other posts about this and tried all of the solutions posted but to no success. The game worked fine yesterday.

3 Likes

Bumppppp!!!

This is my brother’s favorite game and we’ve reinstalled all drivers, renewed ip, flushed dns, shut down anti viruses, reinstalled both game and blizzard client. He got a email saying it was his graphics card (although streaming server is just transmission of data, not graphical) so i gave him my 1050 ti which ran the game flawless for me. he boots up and still error connecting to streaming server. well he never actually got that error it just crashes and we searched through his logs. I will paypal anyone money for a solution to this.

Howdy!

This is normally a connection issue, something maybe blocking the connection. Since it suddenly started we may be able to refresh the connection and double check for blocks to get this resolved quickly. I would recommend to see if the following steps help resolve this issue:

If the issue continues try running a WinMTR for 10 minutes. Post the results back here for review.

Thank you!

I have the WinMTR but I’d like to send it in a message if I could (not sure how) i don’t want his trace routes public. this is kind of a crappy irony for him, he LOVES Mal and the update that released Mal broke the game for him lol.

(sorry about the double post, i guess i have two accounts with the same email or im dumb) I have the WinMTR but I’d like to send it in a message if I could (not sure how) i don’t want his trace routes public. this is kind of a crappy irony for him, he LOVES Mal and the update that released Mal broke the game for him lol.

I know I’m bombarding you, and it isn’t tech supports job to baby the user forums, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I feel so bad for him, this is a month long issue for him and he’s put so much time and money into this account and game. but to my understanding streaming server is just a verification of version and account. And when a new update comes out it creates a new directory that needs firewall permissions. But if all HoTS are allowed then fire wall is turned off, it still happens.

Update: So since the last update he can play on EU servers (but can’t access account with all his levels and gems on u.s. servers) but it crashes during authentication on U.S. servers