Competitive Ranking Confusion?

Hey all!

Wanted to enter the world of competitive play in HOTS with my friend. We have played together for a while (he is in the ~400 ranks, and I am mid 200’s).

Neither of us have been competitively ranked in the past 1-2 years - and when we were ranked, it was mid silvers/low golds…so we queued up and did our placement matches,

We both performed fairly well (he tanked, and I healed all 3), all the games were victories, with me on highest healing, and him on highest tanking. KDA’s were similar for all the games.

After the 3 required placement matches, my friend was placed in Platinum 3, and I was placed into Bronze 1 - and I am absolutely floored considering we both performed equally effectively and now I have to spend hours climbing my way up to hopefully be able to play with him in a few weeks,

My question or comment I guess is - Why would this happen, and does anyone understand the factors that go into the placement matches to cause such a severe disconnect?

Thank you all for your help in advance,

-TorturedSoul

Your accuracy per action, how fast you react to situation.
Ex: if you pick auto heal and win mean you get less mmr than other.

Create a new account and place again. You aren’t getting out of elo hell.

Only wins and losses affect MMR. Kill death ratio, mvp awards, healing, damage dealt or tanked mean nothing.

OP also started out at a lower MMR than his friend, whether they played their placements together or not has no bearing on his final rank.

You can’t take a Bronze account, win 3 placements with a Diamond friend and place into Diamond yourself. Nobody in their right mind would even consider this a possibility.