Come join us for a 5v5! Community Event hosted on Cain's Discord!

I would say, if you can get enough people without me do that. No sense in catering just to me if everyone else can do it.

Otherwise, I am available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights after 7pm when I put my youngest son to bed.

Not March 1st though, running a game of D&D then, so I will be busy all night.

Cain, if you’re doing this, at least have some games of raidboss.
The point of raidboss is to have fun with your favorite heroes against a player controlled god that is also out to have fun, it’s done in the cursed hallow sandbox map.

1v5
One person is the raidboss, going around killing players and destroying towers and forts by themselves.
The raidboss starts at level 30 with a 25% damage dealt increase and 25% less damage taken, infinite mana and no fog of war. If the raidboss is defeated, the host must respawn him and everyone of the raiders that was downed at the time of the death. When the tribute spawns, the raidboss and only the raidboss is allowed to collect the tribute without any interference from the raiders (simulates at “you’re taking too long to soak and kill him” sort of mechanic. Also it’s hard being the raidboss and this helps even it out).

The goal of the raiders (the 5 players) is to stall, and destroy the raidboss’s core, gaining enough levels to actually take him at some point. The raidboss should watch out as killing him would mean a massive level gain for the raiders.

Again, most of it’s honor code more than you actually have control over everything. It’s just for fun, taking turns being the raidboss, picking good heroes and whatnot. That being said 2 things should be mentioned when picking the heroes for each team.

1. The raidboss picks last.
    Since most of the time the levels are often so massive even some “counters” don’t work, it’s often better to spam counters, but it often leads to a boring game so letting the raidboss pick their hero last helps mitigate the boringness of just straight counterpicking 10 blinds to an illidan.
  2. No sonya.
    Frankly, every match with a sonya often just has the raidboss sonya tanking everything and marching straight to the core with almost no way of actually stopping her without several counters.
  3. Have fun.
    If you’re not having fun, what’s the point of playing?
1 Like

:fire: Ragnaros :fire:

Uh. You can speak to me. I’m the hosting the event and that sounds amazing.

:pleading_face:

Kewl. But I don’t want your money, just your best game :slight_smile:

BRING IT!

Around what time though?

1 Like

It will be around evening on the 27th EST American Servers. c:

Reeeeeeeeee

//'tis sad//

We will have one for the EU. I promise!

:tea: :tophat:

Same, I don’t need your money. Allowing me to bask in the radiance of your glowing personalities is enough.

Nawh! Still if it gets people together and talk to each other without arguing. It’s a bonus.

Been a lot of arguing on these forums these past few days. Time to break it up.

1 Like

I’m im Asia tho :cry:

Remember to keep that 10 dollars Dr. Logan, maybe you can use it to bribe Blizz into doing a Tassadar rework.

It’s a nice idea, hopefully you can all have a good laugh, talking voice is always so different to words on a forum anyway. I was away for a few days and it seems I got lucky, things kinda got a bit ugly. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hmmm, well I might join this for the sake of fun if someone’s willing to invite me, and EU event too.

If there is a EU version i´d like to join in.

If there are some cool plays coming around in those games, there is already a thread to post the replays, or video clips of it.

1 Like

There will be an EU one. I’ll be switching back and forth between EU and America - but if more people next week only play on EU. Then I’ll host on the EU.

So really everyone should just come in and get their teams set up and I’ll host on which server that makes sense at the time.

1 Like

Alright, I’m in, both for EU and Americas, so if anyone is willing to form a team, invitations are welcome.

Count me in, Always ready to throw down with the best of em

SamiSha, DrLogan, hellobg, GuardWizard and me is one team. We welcome any challengers :wink:

2 Likes