Chen talent buffs

Just a few ideas to make Chen more enjoyable while keeping the balance.

(Sorry double posted this in the wrong page earlier)

Level 1:

Stormstout secret recipe: from 3.5 to 4 percent.

just a small boost to improve the effect combined with energizing brew at 20 to encourage new builds.
Level 2:

Accumulating flame: Maintain the current effect, while also adding an increased 10 percent damage to minions.

I want to keep it low so it doesn’t compete with other draft picks. It’s a quality of life buff. It wouldn’t make much difference, it just feels better. Even if it was only 5 percent, anything is better. It takes forever to wave clear early.
Level 7:

Elusive brawler: 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds

it’s a tough life out there for a Chen vs the types of tychus and other ranged basic attackers. Especially when they typically have stuns and the likes on their team. I feel this is a fair buff.
Level 13:

Touch of honey: On its own it’s a good talent. But please make it more interesting. Bring back the the ranged version of it with a quest? Or allow it to reduce cool downs or something. Even increase the damage by 10 or 20.

this talent has trouble competing with the other talents on the tier. Give it some more general value. Make it fun.
Level 16

Celerity: in addition to the talent, also increase the heroes basic attack range by 0.5.

I think this would open up some new styles of Chen and be a fun experience over all. It promotes the use of gift of the ox at 7, An underused talent. It would be cool to go
1/3/1/1or2/2/2 and instead of grabbing combo strikes for the basic attack build, you do a hybrid basic attack build/ gift of the ox build with Celerity and increased

2 Likes

Chen is broken what buffs… cring… get gud silver

You better be platinum or better with that sly comment. If your gold I have to laugh. Anyway I forgive you lol. I feel like you didn’t even read my post. They are little changes to make Chen more fun. Remember pre rework Chen? He was so much fun to play. This Chen is stronger for sure, but something is missing no?

He is definately not broken. There are plenty of popular hero combinations that give him a tough time. I don’t think my choices are that absurd.

But hey man, please share your thoughts? I want to know what your take on his talents are? Please…

My buffs are for his underused talents anyway mainly.

Tbh, I think Chen’s in a good situation even if underused.