CDC Returns February 2019

Important: If you already know about the CDC, make sure to read the bottom of the post, as it is crucial for participation in this CDC.

Greetings once again to all of our lovely character designers and fans of Blizzard. The eigth Concept Design Contest will be returning February 2nd for anyone who wishes to put forth their concepts in a community judged contest to determine who has the best design, with constant feedback and some extra spotlight for the winner. If this is your first time seeing this contest, here is some information for you:

The idea for this contest is that anyone who wants to would sign up, and on the start of February, a thread would be posted with all the relevant information. Each contest will have a theme to it, and everybody that signs up is expected to make a brand new concept based on that theme. Anyone who creates a concept will have a week to finish their base concept and submit it to the forums with a link to the contest thread. This will start the contest. The contest will have three judges, who will each take one week to look over the designs, commenting and helping out with the design. The week breakdown will go as follows:

Sign-Up
Saturday, February 2
This is when the concept will be posted, and anyone can sign up for the contest! The judges will also be sorted out on this day. Judges are not able to make concepts themselves.

Week One
Sunday, February 3 - Saturday, February 9
This week is for the base concept. This is simply the abilities and the role. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Two
Monday, February 11 - Saturday, February 16
This week is for the talents. This means a fully fleshed out talent tree set up with the tiers in order. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Three
Monday, February 18 - Saturday, February 23
This week is for the finishing touches. This includes fluff, stats, additional notes, skins, and whatever else you want to add. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Four
Monday, February 24 - Saturday, March 2
This week is the last week for changes to the concept. All major work should be finished by this week, and major changes are risky. The judges will keep a close eye on the concepts, coming to their own opinions.

Finale
Sunday, March 3 - Tuesday, March 5
All changes are closed. The judges will gather to determine who is the ultimate winner of the contest, announcing the winner sometime on Tuesday.

In order to get this contest running, I am going to need participants. This thread is to gather community interest, and look for another two judges. Both of the other judge spots are open. If you would like to judge, leave a comment below.

Important: This theme will require two designers to work together. It was posted with so much time to spare so that everyone could effectively set up their teams for the next CDC. You are all free to find teammates here on this thread, or you can join Damian’s HotS concept designer discord to find teammates to work with, link posted here: https://discord.gg/6DjWgEv

Participants
•Efede and Deefe
•Melke and WhoYouExpect
•Damian
•Marrossi and Aquatarkus
•MurlocAggroB

Judges
•Bliztron
•MrCLN
•Labreris

2 Likes

You know im in for this for sure.

Oh, hey, noice to see the next CDC thread.

Whaaa

Whaaaaa

More seriously, very interested to see where this is going. I’m up for working with pretty much anyone, just ask me. (^_^)

1 Like

I’m game. This will definitely be interesting

I’ll join

Count me in. If anyone is interested in teaming up I am free. :wink:

Two creators… Maybe one designs a map and the other a character connected to said map? I’ve always wanted to design a map for the game!

Oh boy this… this throws me for one hell of a loop for what I was thinking for the February. CDC… starting to regret missing my chance to give X’era to the last one cus now looking for partners no one can actually see any work I’ve produced. Dang.

Well my only requirement for a partner is to be in the NA timezone area (getting up at 4:30 to accomadate partners for a creative project who were in the EU, I burned out way faster then a standard CDC timeframe.) but other then that cooperation seems to be key and I’m willing to take a potential challenge :slight_smile:

This and all the dates in the brakdown need updating, mate (don’t just copy and paste :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Deefe and I will most likely participate as a team (unless something unexpected comes up that leaves us with no time… But in that case, we’ll probably be in the contest already and just lose :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Anyway, it’s almost like the contest is made for us! :laughing:
(you know, 'cause being twins, 2-player Co-op is kinda our thing)

good luck (in advance) to everyone participating :smiley:

I was always curious about your names and avatars and now that answered it :see_no_evil:

It’s a shame I won’t be able to participate in this one because of the long exam period starting from February until the end of March :sob:. it would have been a great opportunity to get to know more people from the community :smiley:

I wish you all good luck and can’t wait to read all the good stuff!

1 Like

Hey man, I’m new around here so hi, I’d be happy to team up if you’re up for it?

Sure :smiley: Only I am from EU so the time zones could be problem.

1 Like

Oh… yeah that definitely might be a problem, dang ah well good hunting for a partner :slight_smile:

Do they have to be forumites or can I do this over Steam? I tend to make concepts cooperatively anyway.

However you want to work alongside your partner you can discuss with them on steam, forums, google.docs, heroesfire and discord are all good places to work together and such.

1 Like

The Discord link, if you use Discord, is a good place to find a number of us.

For people interested in picking me up as a partner, I’m in U.S. Central, though I’m a late-night kind’ve individual, so you’ll find me most consistently in the afternoon and evening.

If any non-US people are worried about time schedules, I work 3rd shift, so I’m usually awake from like 7pm-11am (UCT -5).

Sorry all, I’ve been out of town and away from the internet since I posted the thread! I fixed the mistakes in the thread and tosses Efede and Deefe as the only set in stone partners.

MurlocAggroB, you can use people not from the forums, but they will need to post their work on the forums; you cannot post both portions. You can use whatever medium of communication you want.

We are still looking for 2 judges for this time! Make sure to contact me either here or through the discord I linked if you would like to judge.

1 Like

I’ll sign up to judge.

Hey dude I’m Centeral though a bit less of a late nighter I’m sure it’ll be manageable.
If you’re up for teaming up that’d be awesome