CDC #7 - Calling the Gamechangers

[quote=“Bliztron-1378, post:17, topic:4508”]
The character throws out the current talent tree system for a brand new and unique other system, that fulfills the variety of the talent tree, but in a new way.[/quote]

Mine has two separate talent trees and basic ability sets, one exclusive to each persona. At level 1, you have to choose who you are for the rest of the game.

Yup, that’s perfectly fine! I look forward to seeing it in its totality.

This’ll certainly be interestin’.

Hey uhmm… if you dont mind i have some questions?..

1. Is this like Legit or something? Like all of this was really part of Blizz itself? (Sorry i really dont know and have no idea about it…)

2. If i were to join (in which i would love to) the pages that i have created, will i just put CDC# on the tittle of the concepts that i have created?

3. I know you said that the created concept must be complete, but will it be okay if mines has no complete Talents or none at all, mines like really just concept ideas? And if thats the case, will it make like im out of the competition, due to being incomplete or something?..

4. How many hero concepts can i enter? I got tons already, but i wanted to enter is Antonidas, Mannoroth, Azshara, Naisha and Shandris.

5. How does one know if he won or not? What prize do you offer after winning? And how do we know if his work got shown in blizzcon or something (if i read it right, i saw that the winning concept gets to be showcase at blizzcon? Is that right?)

1. No, this contest is not sponsored by Blizzard, or has any ties to the actual future of the game. It is simply a test in creativity and community, asking people from the forums to try to not only show their creative talent, but to learn and grow as designers.
  2. You can certainly join, as long as it is within the first week. The exact deadline can be seen under Week 1. After the 10th, no more concepts can be submitted. Your submission must be new; you can not use a concept that you have previously created.
  3. Each week requires another part to be completed. If you fail to provide the week’s portion, you will suffer a great loss in points. If you have no intention on trying your hand in the creation of a talent tree or fluff, I would recommend not participating.
  4. You can only submit a single entry for the contest. And, as a reminder, the concept you submit must be a new concept; it cannot have already been created and submitted to the forums.
  5. And the end of the fourth week, the winner and runner-up will be announced on this forum post. There is no prize to be won here, besides the fame of your concept, and the in-depth reviews on your concept from three separate people. It is a community event. I’m sorry if the fluff of the contest was misleading; there is no prize for this contest related to Blizzcon.

I hope this cleared everything up. If you have any further questions, make sure to let me know!

I would like to also remind everyone who is participating to leave a post on this thread with your concept submission link. Thanks!

Thank you so much for replying!! And its okay!! Its still cool and nice despite the given case.

So to clarify, we can only join once and can only enter “one” concept also, within the submission week. The concept must be new, meaning we have to create another new forum for it and rename the tittle naming CDC#?, since that hero concept existed already here.

Just a new concept written within the first week and you just put CDC in its title simple as that mate, can only put one concept into the CDC to keep it fair.

Okay okay Thank you!! Oh and sure i would like to join!!

I got my concept almost complete lol (some backstory, not much lore-deep but individual character-deep quite a lot, in fact the whole Trait of the hero depends on that backstory), not sure how much I need submit/share in week 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait though :slight_smile:

Hey! this seems like fun!

To be honest, until now I wasn’t sure if I could participate, but I do have something in mind that hopefully fits the contest theme and will try to submit it before 10th of November.

Even if I didn’t make it, I’m still looking forward reading all of your concepts, gl all!

nice to see some community call for activity in the suggestion boards!

Not sure if I’ll end up participating (as I tend to just post ideas out anyway) but I may see if one of my current ideas benefits from the design constraints of this rounds rule-set.

I have the feeling this is going to be my problem as well. I think, the concept I have in mind isn’t going to give the whole picture without its talents :see_no_evil:

i have a habit of doing a large majority of the work during the first week to make feedback easier off the judges.

1 Like

I just finished my base Concept:

Gotta say, I really like these new forums extended character limit!
Sure helps a lot for this kind of post (compared to the old ones, where you’d have to “reserve” a bunch of posts and risk getting your thread flagged as spam)

Will we have to post out hero into this forum if it is posted early?(i suck at posting stuff not on post)

Yes, please edit your original comment earlier in the thread with the link to your character or post a new reply here with the link to it. Either post it directly into the reply, create a break between two of the letters of the link, or post ` before and after the link.

As a note, Forum and YouTube links should work fine, whereas more third party links like Heroesfire require one of the two workarounds. Just a general note that’s good to know! (^_^)

Did i do it right? I hope this helps :sweat_smile:

Update: I have remove the link to my concept, as i am not be able to join, but still feel free to look it out!!! Thanks

Got my improvements in.

I can see it. Thumbs up.

1 Like