Can't View Heros or Play Games

When game opens, characters/heros, menu icons, items and heros are all blank. Also, I can’t click play as it says it is disabled. I can do the tutorial first mission okay, but that is it.
I used to play a few years ago. Re-installed during covid and can’t play. I had similar issues with SCII, but Overwatch which I never uninstalled still works fine.

Hey Aeneas,

Sounds like it’s having trouble loading your account info, either from cache files locally on your PC or due to connection problems.

First, try deleting the Blizzard cache folder and then re-launch the game which will get it to try redownloading the account data.

If that doesn’t work you may need to try creating a new administrator account in Windows, then log in with that account to see if the in-game data will download properly.

If things still aren’t syncing up properly, try connecting through a mobile data tether or a VPN to see if a different connection works temporarily. This would help determine if there’s something going on between the ISP and HOTS servers which could be preventing the load.

A post was split to a new topic: TomBrady unlocked heroes

Hi, my friend is having the same problem. She has tried all 3 suggestions and non have worked. She has logged into it on a different computer on different internet and it worked fine but at her home it doesnt work. like i said she tried all 3 options. any other suggestions?

Hey Shepard,

I’d have your friend create a new thread in the forums here and include the information about what they’ve done already so that we can help troubleshoot further.

If it works on a different computer on a different internet connection then it’s likely an issue with their home network or some other problem isolated to their PC.