Can't run or install HOTS - Blizz launcher thinks I'm 32bit (I'm not!)

I’ve been playing HOTS since launch on a Windows 7 Ultimate edition, 64bit PC. I’ve never once had a technical issue with the game.

However since the most recent patch, the Blizzard launcher thinks I’m running a 32-bit OS, and therefore will not launch the game.

My troubleshooting process has been as follows:

1. run the repair function on HOTS - no change

2. uninstall HOTS and attempt to reinstall - Blizz launcher now refuses to install HOTS, as it thinks I’m running a 32bit OS.

3. uninstall Blizzard launcher, purge all Blizzard folders (cache, etc), attempt to reinstall - no change.

HELP!!

1 Like

Hello Immortal!

Let’s check for Windows updates, first off… even though you might be running Service Pack 1, there have been major updates since then, so we’ll want to make sure those are applied.

Let’s also check your video drivers, as outdated drivers may also register to Battle.net as ‘unsupported’.

Updating Your Drivers and Operating System

There may also be programs in the background tripping up the version detection.

The following steps will reboot into a ‘light’ mode where only the bare essential programs are running:

Closing Background Applications

After rebooting into this mode, please retry running the Battle.net app and playing as you normally would.

Then if the game works correctly, you can refer back to the article for advanced steps on figuring out which program is interfering.

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

Hello, thank you for the reply.

So far, none of these suggestions has resulted in any changes in the Blizzard launcher’s behavior. I have updated Windows and my graphics drivers - I have closed all background applications and disabled all services, to no result. What’s the next step?

i have a friend with the same problem, we have done all that you say but nothing have change

1 Like