Cannot Watch Old Replays

When I click to watch an old replay (pre-patch), it asks me if I want to load it, I accept and the game quits, then a window appears saying that there are missing files and because of that the game is unable to run…
Then Battle net app begins installing an update which takes like 3 seconds, it says the game is now playable, I enter again, and it’s the same, and the cycle repeats…
I have tried 5 times to do it and well, there’s reason why this post is being created…

Hey there MisMagius,

If there are any security programs installed that are not a part of the normal MacOS I might suggest a temporary uninstall to ensure they’re not putting game files into quarantine.

Might also be a good idea to check permissions settings on the device to ensure the game is allowed to access the installed files:

1. Application Support Permissions
  2. Disk Permissions
  3. Shared Folder Permissions
  4. Game Folder and File Permissions

Let us know if this works for you!

I attempted to watch a replay from version 2.51.0 of the game today (installed version 2.51.1.80702) and after the required download, Heroes closed itself with the following error message:

Unable to run Heroes of the Storm. Required files are missing. Please reinstall Heroes of the Storm.

After performing the recommended reinstallation, nothing changed. Applying the previously recommended procedures also failed to remedy the situation.

My system is a MacBook Pro (15", 2018) runnig macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G5033) with the Battle.net Desktop App Beta version 1.23.0 (build 12135).