Can we talk about the new Sleepy Cloud mount?

I did read it. No one promised anything.

They said that as of that patch, they were removing all gem only skins and mounts. The most naive players somehow took that as meaning “For the rest of the game’s existence” as unrealistic as it sounds.

Anyone is free to believe in Santa Claus if they want to. But wishes aren’t reality. Basically, the players who get angry at everything are angry. Nothing new.

OMG, there are things in that game that I have to pay for if I want them. And I interpreted that everything would be free forever!

First world problems.

“There will no longer be Skins, Mounts, or Bundles that can only be purchased with Gems.”

^ Looks like something we can expect them to keep living up to.
This does seem as a break of trust.
And it comes from someone who don’t mind to spend money on this game because I want to support it and not just play for free despite it being free.

Where does it give a duration or say that the change will last indefinitely? And more importantly, where was a promise made?

Again. It is completely unrealistic to expect that they would not ever change the currency model (Knowing they’ve done it plenty of times) and keep everything 100% free forever.

I can’t see how anyone could believe or expect that.

(Also, no one got mad when they “Broke their promise” and made the change from gem only skins to all craftable skins. Double standard)

The “there will be no longer xy” means never ever in my language and iirc it is pretty similar in english as well, so there you have the duration…

Because there was none?.. :thinking: They never said that we’ll have gem-only bundles forever.
Shouting double standard looks easy to do but in this case is a failed attempt.

There will no longer be, means there will no longer be. A duration was omitted on purpose. If they had wanted to add the word “ever” in there, they would have. All it tells us it that the change is as of that patch. It doesn’t say that it will or won’t end. interpreting meaning beyond what is written will just make you disappointed.

They also never said that we’d have free/craftable everything forever. You are quite willing to accept the lack of the term “forever” in one case, but not the other. Even though it is present in neither.

Like I said, double standard.

I buy a lot of stuff in this game just to keep it alive. More of a principle thing than a “I love this mount” thing.

But yeah, Sleepy cloud is overpriced. And the snoring animation is too fast, almost looks like it’s talking at frantic speed.

I’m all for encouraging the game. I mean, I’ve mostly freeloaded but I’ve bought gems 3 times I think.

Though I prefer the happy and sad clouds, so I won’t be buying this one.

No. Double. Standard. Geez!..

They did a thing (making gem-only stuff). It was something they could do, totally fair and square, no big deal, no need to mention if it’s temporary or for ever, it could be either. Plus the only real issue with that was only that you had to buy them in bundles and you couldn’t buy them separately.
Ppl complained (mostly about the bundle-only part and not the gem-only). So they decided to listen(?) and made gem-only stuff individually purchaseable and surprisingly craftable.
With the followings:

These indicates (with that in mind that this is a community driven change) that they won’t do this again.

And here we are.

I get it that Blizz/HotS needs money. I support that. I give them my money and will. But defending that they didn’t break a promise is a bit delusional and claiming double standard is far-fetched.

If you hate peanuts and you find them in your cookies and someone [the cookiemaker] says that “i’ll no longer put peanuts in your cookies” is it also purely temporary in your eyes and not a promise or the one with the double standards is actually you? :thinking:

What I see in the meaning, is that in addition to the current (meaning, at the time of that change) gem only skins being made craftable, further skins released with heroes will also be craftable.

They were telling us that this didn’t just affect the gem skins we knew, but following skins as well. But it doesn’t imply that they can’t ever make items gem only ever again. Different interpretations.

If they meant" We promise that we will never make any game items purchasable onyl by gems ever." I see no reason why they would have not clearly said so.

Personally, I’ve always expected gem only items to come back. So I’m neither surprised nor offended. And I don’t believe that I’m entitled to getting free stuff forever. It’s not like I gave them anything to earn that. (Not like paying a season pass, where you are entitled to all the stuff)

I got 4k gems from lvl up. I just never used the darn things just in case some skin i rly want popped up just for them. Like right now i have 8k shards and 4k gems. Its just a sink for ppl who like it and want to waste gems on it. It looks unique(all cloud mounts do).

And mind you i never spent a dime. So i guess ppl who did buy anything are loaded with gems and there is zero use for them.This is one such use.
EDIT: i think we need a few rly good mounts for gems only. You can earn em by lvl up and they at least will let us use gems. Right now i just stash gems for skins like these.

1 Like

Region pricing i think.

1 Like

I bought it w gems i saved up from leveling. Wanted to give the hots team a thumbs up for the balance patches and DW release (secretly hoping for a haunted mines rework and Baal down the road)

I usually time my gem purchases w unique hero releases because that is the strength of this game and I think it should be rewarded. Abathur, chogall, medivh… I really like how the hots team works hard not to be a moba clone and push the boundaries of a genre that became stale and unchanging

I bought things and I barely have gems, lol.
Because I spent them on the many things I wanted.

You’ve not read the topic in its entirety. This mount can be bought be gems only, so you either buy them for cash, or spend the ones you accumulated through playing and leveling. Previous Celestial mounts were locked behind spending cash on gems, and the mount was never intended as a sole-purchase, but as a bonus for partaking in a transaction and supporting development.

Being able to to buy the mount only with gems is contrary to their entire practice they’ve maintained where everything in game would either be craftable for shards or purchasable with gold/gems. An overpriced mount won’t be an attractive deal to anyone this way… who knows maybe it can even come as an unboxed item. It’s just not the same.

This mount is literally a joke and nothing prestige worthy as some of the the rarely available mounts that are put out for gold - the ones that can only be earned through game play and not through luck or deep pockets.

Shards are easy to come by and gold is used for rerolling/heroes/prestige items. I believe if they simply put out an alternative price for gold on the mount, it would not have received such a luke-warm or even negative reactions. Users here are pretty mild with the opinions they express, but the reception to this on other community sites has predominantly been far from positive.

I spent money pre 2.0 somewhat using that same premise, guess what, all that stuff became free for anyone. Many items that were “exclusive”, ended up becoming free later.

I think there should be a few items that you can only buy with cash, so the game can make money. The prices should be reasonable and the items shouldn’t in a year suddenly become free for all. This is if the game wants to make money off veterans.

$10 or $10 Euros for most for a reskinned mount, isn’t the way to go.

1 Like

I did read it and i agree about celestial. But what i said is that we do need some gems sink.And things like this do this job ok.

Since i never used a single gem this means that for some ppl they are never going to use them. There is a need for items like these. While ill never buy gems(i never spend a dime for any F2P game,its kinda my standard and i use it to recommend other ppl a F2P game) for some ppl that is fine. PPL dump money on things like this all the time.

To some 10$ is nothing.At least with a few of these gem only items there is a reason to get gems. Still booster gives you most value i think.

1 Like

I agree with the OP. The mount is low effort for the amount you’re paying for. Also Celestial mounts are very beautiful. I saw them as an “extra” for buying gems for stuff you’d like to buy. Which by the way can be obtained at $5 minimum.

They since stopped offering the Celestial mounts. Would’ve liked to have another chance at the Horse version. I did expected them to recycle them, not just flat out stop.

3 Likes

Honestly the celestial mounts are a lot cooler anyway.

2 Likes

They will be giving them out at Blizcon from now on is my guess :stuck_out_tongue: I used to make sure that I always brought the celestial/gem mounts but now I don’t really have need to purchase gems anymore.

I also do agree this feels a little over priced for a reskin (Though I want it) but I use my shards for skins so can’t get it. Maybe after a couple of weeks they will add the option to use shards, I wouldn’t care if they did this.