Can we talk about the new Sleepy Cloud mount?

I’m not being mad here because I have to spend real money for it, since it is listed up for 1000 gems (equivalent to 10 eur/usd for those that are using their mom’s credit card), I’m just having trouble understanding who they think is going to buy this? New items usually have a premium price for two weeks, so it explains why it costs twice as much as any of the other available clouds, and it’s not like there isn’t an abundance of them already in game.

Why have Blizzard abandoned the old practice of Celestial mounts, where they would just be a bonus on top of a Gem bundle purchase? That transaction actually felt like they were rewarding loyal customers in some way. The problem I see with this Sleepy Cloud mount is that there is no alternate currency to craft it, and that users can get it from the Gems accumulated through earning levels.

The pricing itself is ridiculous for how little effort went into it, and I fail to see how it will attract anyone with the endless amounts of different skin mounts that are already available.

Also if they really want players to spend real money, why is there no gifting option in this game 5+ years after release? Some of their marketing decisions make no sense at all.

5 Likes

All the celestial mounts were gated behind a paywall , this one is no different.
I find absurdly generous the very fact that you can have some money equivalent for merely playing the free game enough, never saw that elsewhere.
The more you give people the more plebs we get.

2 Likes

The money you would spend on a gem bundle could primarily be used to buy new heroes and you would get a mount on top of that. With the player base being so small, do you think veteran players care about a 18th (expensive) reskin of some mount and do you think newcomers will buy a mount over a hero with their gems at all? Who is the target audience for this?

yeah tbh idk what’s up with that. 1k gems for that mount? what’s so special about it? literally nothing just another cloud mount but can only buy it with gems hmmmm

Well some people do not always mind giving money to reward devs for giving them a free game they enjoyed for a while.

So you will miss having one cosmetic and have 99% of content free. Big deal.

9 Likes

You’re misreading this. There’s nothing I would love more than this game becoming profitable, but some of the marketing and pricing decisions around the game make it hard to stay loyal, let alone are able to attract new players to it - which is kind of the whole point of Battle net platform - to keep active users on it. Maybe if you get bored of one game, you’d be willing to try something else, and when your first game gets a new patch, you can return there.

I don’t want to be that guy who points fingers at those who are willing to support the practice, but personally as a customer from the alpha days, I don’t really feel like I’m getting my money’s worth.

2 Likes

Tbh, I bought it with real money the second I saw that lmao.

Clouds are one of the best mounts in this game, and this sleepy one is just SO cute ><

i got the sad and happy clouds from chests FeelsGoodMan i don’t even use them but added to the collection counts!

6 Likes

I liked that too. Mounts (reskins tbh) you got for supporting the game. I collected them.
But spending 1k gems on a mount? :thinking: I rather spend that much gems on skin bundles.

3 Likes

Just so I don’t end up painting myself in negative light, here’s a link on what it looks like, since it’s not possible to view mounts in Try Mode after all these years (not my video btw). I would encourage those that want to support the development to spend money, but also those customers that have problems with either the pricing or (un)availability for shards/gold to voice their opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxngTh779sw
https://gfycat.com/jointmetallicequine

See, how cute is that? ><

1 Like

Cute, but not worth 10 euros

I also find it truly sad they discontinued the celestial mounts as reward for buying gems. Though I don’t really use them, I do like to collect them.
That is why I was sad to see the celestial crab was only available for those with a blizzcon ticket …

3 Likes

Cute as heck, stil 1k?
Havn’t seen it in the shop yet, but it is like an ONLY gem purchase for 1k gems?
That’s madness.

3 Likes

I am conflicted.

I love it so much, it’s freaking cute!

I dislike it cuz I have to buy it with 1K gems.

3 Likes

it should have been like all the other mounts available for gems / shards and if those who really want to support the game could buy it for gems anyway not buy it for gems only because it’s available for gems only. showing your support doesn’t have to be that way lol it’s like asking you to prove that you actually support the game or something by making a mount available for only $. in fact i don’t even use the clouds but i just find that gems only mount silly and with limited time too

Is it really 10 euros for you guys?

1 euro = 4,64 reais here.
I spent like 20 reais in 900 gems. 20 reais is around 4 euros.

10 for me too https://i.imgur.com/Swkbox4.png

That’s about 35 in my own currency.

It’s pretty lame that instead of being an extra for any Gem purchase (like the old celestial mounts, except the crab), is a 1k gem only mount.
But it’s so cute…

I don’t even have that option. The closest one is 900 gems for around 4 euros.

Why is it way cheaper here? :thinking: