Can we get Activision Heroes in game?

I’m hoping for a plushie, with rainbowbreath :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, DW purple skin would only need a different colour for the wings and horns to be Spyro.

Looking at that pic, if Sekiro joins Hots (which is unlikely) I’m maining him forever haha. I can see him easily been made to work too, though it’s hard to not make him too similar to Genji in a way, but his kit opens a lot of options

Slap Shimada’s brother from another mother backstory and you got lore ready!

the more the merrier

Tony Hawk in a MOBA? I approve.

Activision’s Hero will not placed in my project at all…

Crash Bandicoot is a best animation Charactet,but not proper for Hots.:heart_eyes_cat:

What you’re suggesting requires changing the whole game, so that a new, narrow hero can be (sometimes) viable.

No, because the game has plenty oc CC. And it’s useful even if there’s no Tracer around. CC is always useful. That’S the opposite of a narrow ability.

3 Likes

Point and click cc to counter tracer is pretty rare: Varian, Lili (dragon ult), Uther, Xul, Brightwing, Chromie, Tyrael, and Butcher. Out of all of these I’m not sure which ones also lose to Tracer recall

It wouldn’t really change the whole game if the passive read “% health damage against this hero is mitigated by armor and spell armor.” Then if that niche hero was made, then heroes that can shred armor and/or spell armor be made. Both types of heroes would be rare, but they’d exist in the background with a decent amount of power to not be garbage tier like DVA

This is the correct way to do it. Just slap on some skins for Activision characters that are in some way similar to Heroes already in the game.

1 Like

I agree, that would be the best.

Spyro Deathwing (and/or Brightwing), CoD Raynor, stuff like that.

Who would be good for Crash? Sonya? :stuck_out_tongue: (you know, 'cause she spins a lot)

Only if Tracer is Bad.

Only if Tracer is bad.

No.

No.

Definitely not.

Tracer can avoid it with recall.

so long as ‘Activision’ and [Blizzard] aren’t written in the same font, they’re not the same :stuck_out_tongue:

While game cross-overs are kinda neat for gatcha-games that need thousands of content additions to fuel the pay-to-win power creep, or for fleshing out player rosters in fighting games that have fewer playable options than a dota-like game, those conditions don’t quite apply to HotS.

It’s big appeal is its vast library of existing characters that could already size up into the multi hundreds as is. A kit that could go to an Activision FPS character could be put on Kyle Vlaros instead; a kit for a chain-sword chick could go on a myriad of other options (<.< >,>)

Hots its rife with referential nods (He-man, Evangelion, etc) as is, so I think the better of a nexus of worlds would be to stick to what the game is known for (blizzard characters) while making referential nods to other IPs (such as Metroid, or GI Joe and so on) for events and other shenanigans. If there isn’t a directly proportional pay off for getting the actual license (rather than using parody for free) then it doesn’t seem a good path to venture imo.

Then the claim tracer is broken and will be nerfed next patch for sure just got stronger. Point and click would’ve been the only way to nail her with sure to land moves. You’re going to miss skill shot cc as she’s too fast

I wonder what would be the objective on the Russian airport map?

Also how would Zarya and Stukov react to seeing Vladimir Makarov?

Activision is the primary reason HotS lost most of its dev team, so I’d rather they keep their grubby mitts off.

For gods sakes let this myth die,
The only reason we got more then Orphea is becasue Qhira was halfway done when the team got cut, original plan was to put Qhira on the backburner for a time measured in years after the lukewarm Orphea launch

Qhira was simply added because a team still getting their bearings after being sliced into a fraction of what it once was had nothing else to launch and wanted something over nothing

found yourself that Activision heroes has been yet to added.

Do you have sources for that (they will never make another original)? Developers said in BlizzCon 2018 they may create more Original heroes.

Q&A

• The team may do more Nexus-original heroes in the future, but they’ll focus on established heroes for now. Orphea was a great way for the team to flex their creative muscles but they know people want to see heroes they know
    Creating a Nexus hero versus creating a Nexus “character”, such as the characters acting as announcers on battlegrounds, fills very different design spaces. We may see more in the future

I’d still prefer if they added only Blizzard universe characters (established heroes), though.