Can forum conduct get you banned in game?

Title says it all. Some people that post here should lose their ability to play the game.

It can. I know of two people on the old forums who were warned they were about to lose their game privileges, and one who was banned in game. I know it has happened on the OW forums as well. The problem is that it is so easy to make smurf accounts, and I don’t believe that they can link it to main accounts unless the person directly admits that is what they are doing, so forum trolls will always be forum trolls.

The only real way to deal with them is to just not bother responding. But yeah, there will always be people who actually enjoy dancing with trolls, for various reasons, so I just end up muting those threads.

3 Likes

Short of death threats, I can’t imagine they would be banned in game.

It is a good solution though to have them banned stil, the 50 game req to get back into ranked is enough to cause dmg + the fact that they gotta re-buy every hero they want to use.

1 Like

Oh, I am not trying to suggest those accounts shouldn’t be banned in game, just that it is unlikely to prevent forum trolling. Most forum trolls are either not ranked high enough to care, do not play ranked, or the “main” account is already a smurf set up for forum shenanigans. The one case I mentioned from the old forums is the only time I know of a main account being banned, and that person pretty much only played QM.

1 Like

That is true, there are even some on the forums that don’t play the game.
Or atleast i seem to remember some, which is super wierd :sweat_smile:

Frequent violations would result in game suspensions.

Though in game suspensions would result in forum bans too, its apparently a feature.

Just make a new account though? I mean it’s one of the main issues with all sorts of negative stuff at hots - you can make 100 accounts and just do whatever.