Can anyone help resolve my ping issues?

Before this patch, I was connecting to US West Coast 90% of the time and had a solid 30 ping (which is normal). However, after the patch, I’ve been connecting to US Central 100% of the time for absolutely no reason, giving me an average ping of 70. I have the FPS menu open at all times and I don’t recall a single game where I successfully connected to US West Coast.

I already set server preferences in the game settings. I play the game on a wired connection from my desktop via ethernet. I don’t know what more I can do to improve my unnecessarily high ping. This issue combined with my lower than normal FPS is really making me not play this game anymore. I really love this game and I have hope that I can fix my ping.

Hey, Vitriuz! As I’m sure you’ve seen in the patch notes, this patch is the one that the region selection changed to merge the north american regions together so that the queue times would be reduced. We consider 70ms playable latency since a lot of variables come into play when it comes to latency, such as distance, packet loss, etc.

This isn’t something we assist with, but if the latency is a major concern, a VPN may help reduce the amount of latency by playing around with different locations. Are you running into any other issues such as stuttering, rubberbanding, or anything similar?

These forums are managed by the technical support team and the developers may not check it as often as they do the other forums. As technical support, we can offer troubleshooting for technical issues that are within our support, but we are not the developers or have the ability to change things in-game or the servers. If you wanted to provide any feedback over the US region selection changes, our #general-discussion would be a better place to do so.