C49hg9x samsung 3140X1080

Hello,

Your game don’t show me the resolution of my screen in your option! i have a large strech resolution in 2560X1080… that just horrible.
For play, i use Gegorce experience and play in 5431X1527 for get a good resolution. But unfortunally, i must to go in geforceexperience and optimized the game heroes of the storm each time i want to play!

Can we expect to have the resolution 3140X1080 in a furur patch ?
You have to take care because lot of ultra wide newest resolution screen are on the market…

Thank!

You might want to report your issue in this forum rather than here:

5 Likes

HotS does not really support ultra wide resolutions. The feature has been requested multiple times and last I recall the developers had no intent of adding such support, at least in the near future.

What you can do is play at the maximum supported wide screen aspect ratio of 2560 X 1080 without any stretch. You can disable the stretch in your graphic drivers by changing the scaling mode to “none”. In such scaling mode the display will be pillar boxed, similar to playing old 4:3 games or TV series on a modern 16:9 display. This is not ideal but it maximizes the screen area used without introducing any stretch.

1 Like

I would never recommend GeForce Experience to anyone, but if you’re already using it over just the Control Panel/Nvidia Inspector…

I would think you could at least do another 16:9. I use 1440p.

actually, the game support 3140X1080 and i play in 5431X1527DSR by geforce expérience… problem is, each time i close the game, the game don’t save option of geforce experience, then i must return in geforce experience to enable option again…
2560X1080 got a strech image and it’s just unplayable…

If the game supported it you would not need to use GeForce Experience.

Which kind of proves the game does not support it.

It is my understanding that GeForce Experience modifies the Variables.txt for Heroes of the Storm. Hence manual modification of that file should also work for similar results.

One can disable stretching in the graphic drivers (NVIDIA Control Panel). Select “No scaling”.

no, the game support resolution in using geforce experience… but the game delete the option each time i launch the game… i must return in geforce experience, force option and launch the game again…

Game use 2560X1080 max…

If you want your issue to be solved and noticed by Blizzard support faster, click the edit button in your topic.

There’s a drop-down menu written on it “General Discussion” click on it and change it to #technical-support for Windows or #mac-support if you use Mac.

Then click “Save Edit”.

thank you… samisha

1 Like

the game does not support stretched resolutions above 16:9 aspect ratio natively.

if you are using a third party program to accomplish running these resolution just realize that there is no support for doing this. if you are having problems then the third party program is where you are having the issue.

if i don’t use geforce experience i can’t play…
i don’t want stretched resolution, i want devellopers update a patch for game works with 3140X1080 resolution.
It’s work with geforce experience, and geforce experience just change data of game for valid it, but game don’t save it.
Probleme is game and develloper, not other thing.

As I stated earlier. One can disable stretching in the graphic driver settings. This would place black pillar boxes to the left and right of the image while maintaining the correct aspect ratio. This is required for old games which only support 4:3 or other legacy aspect ratios to avoid ugly stretching.

With stretch disabled and aspect ratios being maintained you can select a resolution like 1920x1080 and play HotS without stretching. Yes there will be pillar boxes to the side of the screen but such screens are impractically wide anyway for a game like HotS.

HotS does not save it because it is not supported. If it was supported then HotS would not change it. Technically GeForce Experience is hacking in an unsupported resolution, probably because NVidia is not aware HotS does not support such resolutions and so has not placed any limits to the resolution one can specify.

1 Like