Blizzard Subscription

What do you guys think if Blizzard made a Blizzard Subscription for all their games like 9.99 a Month and you get to play all their Games (and new games including WOW OW2 etc.) And move this game out of F2P but now with the revenue coming in they can develop all the games?

It would be similar to Disney+ or Netflix, if you’re subscribed to Blizzard you get Blizzcon free online, and play all the games they produce.

I’d say “see ya later.” WoW would lose money off of this change

5 Likes

There would be extreme backlash for sure. Unless your a wow player, then your paying less per month.

Personally tho, i just dont like subscription models in general. Ill admit that it can be a good idea for mmo style games as they are extremely expensive to make and require constant updates

3 Likes

I dont play WOW but I brought it up because personally I dont mind it if I am able to play all the Diablo games, WC3 without purchasing the game, and even this game you would get all the things in it, and no more loot boxes and we get Heroes constantly like in the old days.

if it were something similar to Disney +, then I think it’d need to be an archive of older content rather than a gateway to new stuff.

Say, instead of wholesale remakes of classic games (esp so they can run on newer machines) the service could instead be an ‘authorized’ emulation that made the online architecture for playing blizz classics, rewatching e-sport highlight compilations, or ‘movie’ collections of in-game cinematic assets to create a compilation of media that has been.

I do occasionally binge some youtube videos for “movie” versions of games, and getting a higher framerate on those as part of the service would be kinda neat and having an online “emulator”, to so speak, would also enable active support for some of the older stuff, though admittedly, some of the appeal of this idea is a bit lost since some of the classics have been recently updated to run on newer devices already and, functionally, players would (kinda) prefer to ‘own’ a remake that they wouldn’t necessarily need to be online all the time to play (depending on game/mode interests of course)

1 Like

This is super bad idea, it would be much bigger disaster than Diablo Immortal announcement. The main problem is, there aren’t enough Blizzard games and Blizzard isn’t releasing games quickly enough to make subscription work. Blizzard released only 19 games since 1991, that is far to low and some of them are even free.

You compared it with Netflix, but it is much better to compare it with Origin Access, there are more than 200 games for $4,99. $9,99 for like 15 games (if you exclude the free ones) is super absurd.

2 Likes

Lol not even, if they charged me to play HOTS. I would quit instantly cause I do not play any of the other games they have cause they are bad.

1 Like

imagine paying to play hots or overwatch :joy:

2 Likes

the only blizz game i play from time to time is hots. If they would make me pay monthly for it, i’d say goodbye to blizz

Indeed, they don’t have enough games to offer a subscription service of any value. You could already own some of those games like Diablo and Overwatch that you paid money for, so why should you also pay a subscription for them?

This is about the fourth thread suggesting a subscription service to HOTS or Blizzard games, odd.

I’d never pay to play HotS. Cash mounts and cosmetics are okay, but this game is absolutely not worth even a C rate title price like $39 with the standard features.

Even with all the effort they put into this over the years it’s a SC2 mod with custom skins.
And dubious matchmaking.

When you compare to a game like Diablo 3 (post-Reaper of Souls) which is even worth an AAA title price.

2 Likes

You’ll lose a lot of anything not WoW’s playerbase. This would scare off a lot of players, pushing them right to the competition.

Not that Blizz is much competition these days…

2 Likes

Well, I’m not interested in playing a card game that’s a video game. Overwatch might as well be in maintenance mode until…whenever. I can’t say I’m all that interested in paying more $$$ for OW2’s PVE content when it looks very much like a Fortnite-esque cash grab. Diablo 3’s also been done to death as well as Starcraft 1&2 and the other classics. I’m not even touching the link for WC3’s page on the app and I have no interest in MMO’s so WoW’s also out of consideration. That just leaves HotS and as much as I do like this game, there needs to be a good bit more development (staff/funding increase, perhaps?) before I consider paying a subscription fee to play it.

WoW’s current subscription price is $15 a month, so that is the very minimum price they would have for a “play all of their games” price, because they wouldn’t want to lose money on this plan.

So basically, you would be telling people that in order to play ANY Blizzard game, they would have to maintain a WoW subscription. I’m not sure how well that would sit with players.

2 Likes

Seems like I’d be paying $120 a year to play a previously free game. I bought all the SC2 games (don’t really care about announcers), and most of the other games have free demos to at least try and see if you’re willing to pay the money.

Finally, it would hurt the HoTs playerbase even more either by shifting players to another game or by having players simply quit because of the extra costs. The damage would outweigh any extra development revenue they would get.

2 Likes

Like xbox have?
They do this at the moment. They don’t sell sucks game only. They sell okay aaa game like Red dead redemption 2. Wich means it’s free for a low price.

This thing dosen’t work with blizzard game. They are massively multiplayer game and the opption is not too many… The target of blizzard games are completly different. For example, ow players with a high chanche not the same as the wow players.

This idea okay for hardcore blizzard fans. It’s not so common nowadays. Not everyone owns a phone.

hahaha yep that made me laugh to see Blizzard Subscription title i knew i’m going to enter a joke thread a funny joke too

The joke would be on anyone who signed up for it. This is from a supposed “white knight” on the forums and Blizzard lover. I do enjoy their games, but a subscription for game that you have already paid for, or were f2p or a mix of both, with relativity small tittles? This is just a daft or troll thread.

1 Like

troll for sure or just someone that really means it and loves bli$$ard to the point he’s ready to pay for a sub to play their games to support them. but who else would even do it? nobody

1 Like

depends on how you pay for it. its only $15 a month if you pay on a 1 month basis. both the 3 month and 6 month are cheaper. with 6 months being $13.

back when i did play WoW i believe i did actually do the 6 month…because why not save money?

anyway…

i would suggest that if they did include blizzcon and all their games the sub needs to be higher. WoW alone is minimum 13 a month. assuming they add the blizzcon ticket into it and something like Overwatch/Diablo (paid games), plus any future games. then they would need to raise the sub fee to…

$19.99 roughly

that is 13 for WoW
$3 for covering Blizzcon Virtual
and $3 monthly covering all other games now and in the future.

Personally I wouldnt pay for it. I could see it being an optional service for ppl interested in playing all or most of the Blizzard franchise. Myself though I could care less about most of their games now and additionally have never bought a Virtual Ticket. The only game I am ‘cautiously’ looking at would be Diablo 4 since I like the Diablo franchise.