Blizzard Should Actually Make Official Statements

Be nice if they talked to us for much of anything but, while informative, most blue posts for HotS seem to be a product of rebuttal.

I’ve never liked how little companies interact with players, but then a lot of players just want a fight.

I gather the reddit is pretty active?

1 Like

I seem to remember that happening with Hanzo as well, since we knew he was coming months before his release.

1 Like

Well they do not put any effort into the game, activion killed it off and we are just running for the next year or so til they shut it down for cod servers.

It will be a snowy day in the nexus before we get any news
Kappa

5 Likes

Lol. This takes far fetched to a new level.

1 Like

Mei is going to be Jaina 1.5. So Mei being added is just, eh. I like Mei, though.

Mei = Jaina
Icicle Shot = Frost Bolt
Freeze Gun = Cone of cold
Blizzard = Ring of Frost
Cryo Freeze = Ice Block
Ice Wall = basic skill
Second ult = Kawaii snowball fight???

Also, this is standard procedure for Blizz. The hype train is all encompassing. They make people hungry for content by depriving them of it. People are still waiting for D3 content, oh wait they aren’t, they are slaking their thirst on seasons… what a joke.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/gsxv6c/つ_つ_summon_next_hero_teaser_つ_つ/fs8asds/

My guess is 1 late this month, or early June.
And another November/December.

1 Like

It’s standard procedure for any company. OP suggests that it’s unusual and specific to blizzard.

Would be nice if Blizzard would communicate more here since a lot of countries can’t access reddit without VPN. But it is what is is. *sigh

I believe Blizz’s hype train is on a different level. I don’t recall other games taking the entire development time to also continuously hype their game.

We live in an age where there is too much content to consume. We will forget a game is being released in 4 years after 6 months of knowing about it.

What do you mean by “Entire development time”?

But HotS is by no means extreme. Remember how long ago Cyber Punk was teased?

2 Likes

Too be fair, If Cyberpunk’s original release date had been kept, we would all have finished the game and forgotten it even existed by now.

What I mean:
The example I keep drawing from is D3. They announced that the game will be made. It was hyped with morsels of lame teasers till release. The hype began before they started developing the game. 3 and half years later, I was reminded the game was being made, and the same question was on every ones mind: Release date?

Cyberpunk 2077:
Yes, and I forgot about it in a month or two later mainly because it was just a beautiful cinematic. Personally, I’ll keep up with the hype for about 6 months of a confirmed release date.

HOTS:
I did not care for keeping up with because at the time I was investing in DOTA 2. So yes, I admit I don’t know about how long HOTS was “hyped” for.

Forgive me for repeating myself, but I don’t care for games that hype things for years. Get a release date and then start hyping the heck out of it. Otherwise, you get mediocre responses and Cyberpunk 2077 type of feeling. They pushed the release date what…2-3 times now?

The game is dying a very, slow, death.

First vid announcement game from Carbot Oct 17, 2013, then there were alpha periods, closed invite beta, then paid open invite (if someone bought the starter pack, it gave them access to the beta) and then on Apr 20, 2015
it was revealed the game would be released on June 06, 2015.

The first blizzard cinematic trailer for HoTs got 9.2 M views, and interest hasn’t been any higher since. HotS 2.0 reveal had 7 something million; various hero trailer and blizzcon reveals could potentially be ‘higher’, but with other non-official sources also posting those vids, I don’t think any of those would exceed the 9 million of the first announcement.

2 Likes

Xenterex that was the best response ever.

For me lots of endless speculation when 99% of it turn out to be wrong is just a waste of time. Plus like I said for me at this point if we get a new character and its anyone other than Mei I will be disappointed. Maybe Blizzard does it like this so we will keep talking about their game but at this point the only ones talking about Heroes are those that are already playing it. Even Blizzard doesn’t promote it.

olaf is already in the game smh i cant believe you just said this… …

1 Like

Lol. :laughing: Well when your right your right, Olaf is in the game. Has anyone played TLV since their rework? What are the thoughts on the current state of TLV?

That is the joke; I could have used other disney-based snow references, but Frozen has Olaf

1 Like