Blessing of the bronze got me thinking

Should alexstraza’s blessing of the red simply give everyone on her team 500 more HP? I think that wouldn’t be OP tbh. The only one I could think of whom could really abuse that is a murky, suddenly getting a third more of his own HP bar, but you’re matching alex with a murk, seems like a bad idea in of itself.

Discuss?

Edit:
On the whole “as long as chromie is alive” thing, I was thinking that if alex dies and the target still has full HP along with the blessing, it could just turn into a 500hp shield.

2 Likes

They’re good talents :sunglasses: :dragon:

1 Like

Ritual of Life and On Ruby Wings are far too powerful to ever justify any other pick.

One is 6 seconds of pure invulnerability for two targets (unless enemy has an ana)

The other is a free dragon (150 second cooldown)

That’s what I’m saying, something on a cooldown like blessing should be as powerful as those two.

It’s already the strongest talent. But sure, let’s buff it 5 times and see what happens XD.

1 Like

Sure…

5 Likes

It turns a lot of squishy melee assassins into monsters that can’t be bursted down. Of course, it won’t have that much of an impact if you’re running a double tank comp with a bruiser and tychus for ranged assassin. But if your comp is built around genji or tracer or valla? It’s a game changer talent.
Also, it’s the consistently highest winrate talent. Just to throw in some stats.

Maybe giving it to everyone at once wouldn’t be 5x effect (since not everyone can use it that well and it will have minimal effect on the tank and you can also stack it on everyone throughout the game as it is now too), but it would still be an effective 2x or 3x buff. Doing that to an extremely strong talent arleady on a balanced hero? Yeah…

You know what else is good for Tracer, Genji, and Valla?

An ult that lets you full heal them 3 times.

I understand your point but it’s also flawed.

1 Like

A genji with 6 seconds of “Ok son, go rip them a new one” time is pretty scary.

ehm that ult is 100% useless for them. A comp that counters valla kills her in 0.01 seconds.
If you need protection against burst you don’t take an ult that heals with a delay and very slowly.

In the context you’re picking squishy assassins into a healer that is entirely percentage based instead of picking her into a comp that she can effectively heal (like double warrior) seems flawed already as you could just pick a different healer and be far more effective.

Though keep in mind Blessing of the Red increases the health pool of your target to endure 1 more auto attack from Colossus Varian (in terms of raw numbers). It is a nice bit of extra survivability for a Tracer or Fenix but it doesn’t really turn the game around.

There are a lot of combos that are tailored to instantly delete the squishy assasins and are just not enough to finish a tychus or raynor.
Let’s say it does need 1 extra aa. That’s almost 1 full second alive. A lot of things can happen in 1 second and you’re most definitely out of the stunlock after that second - there’s a huge difference between dying in 0.3 seconds and dying in 1.3 seconds.

Healthpool size is not relevant when you’re facing just constant (high or not) damage - you’re going to dodge it, get healed, self-heal, etc. It’s a thing that matters when you’re facing burst damage.

I still stand by ancient flame being a good talent, if you at least picked up the self heal E at 7. Doesn’t work out all the time, but if the enemy team comp is melee heavy, she heals anywhere from 10-50% of her hp every auto attack, on top of the slows to help your team dispatch them. Outside of an E build in that scenario though it’s pretty pointless.

I am however a huge fan of On Ruby Wings with Draconic Discipline. Essentially two ults for the price of one, and then you can immediately hop back into dragon queen.

Blessing of the Red could use some changes. Sure it has its niche uses on squishy assassins, but it’s got no interactivity with the rest of her kit. Maybe if Alex did percentage based healing on targets it would be more useful, but she doesn’t. I said it in another thread, but something like greatly increased health regen (maybe with the bonus health too I dunno), increased healing % received, or every blessed target receiving a portion of healing every time Alex uses an ability would be better than its current state. At least in my opinion.

LuL
Suddenly Hanzo starts Tanking.
:anguished:

No one tell him that alex’s W is a percentage based heal.

Whoopity do, everyone lives 1 second longer. That’s one hell of an ult. It almost reminds me of tyreals level 20, in which he made it so that his sanct lasted one second longer.

Mate, I think you’re over reacting to this, comparitively, you’re saying that a passive 500 HP increase at level 20 (in which this is more like 1/6 of you health bar being increased on average for squishies) is as powerful or more powerful than 6 seconds of being healed to full instantly over and over, getting free dragons or amping one of the most powerful auto’s in the game and getting CDR on one of the most powerful traits in the game (with flame buffet’s build working with it) that’s kind of a stretch at most. Let alone getting 1/6th of an extra HP bar on one person every 40 seconds AFTER 20 and losing it on death.

1 Like

Draconic Discipline would still be the best talent on that tier even it they nerfed the duration from 7 seconds to 1 or even 0.5 seconds. Why? Because that extra second allows you to have TWO dragon W’s whereas before only 1 was possible.

For real? I rarely ever talent into the thing. Guess I never fully read the tooltip. Her main healing is Q though, so if that was also a percentage heal then maybe it wouldn’t be awful, but still not enough to compare to the ult upgrades.

Stats do confirm its effectivenes though. Blessing has the highest winrate and second-highest pickrate on the tier. Not saying it’s ‘the best’, but it’s certainly a viable talent. Burst protection is pretty good. Don’t just see it as living 1s longer, as you might not be in danger by that time. Usually you just take X damage before you can get out of range, and 500 bonus HP can make the difference that that X damage isn’t lethal anymore.

I’m with a bunch of randoms and I know I’ll never get them to clump up.

Blessing of the Red is a total QM talent so you can keep those headless chickens alive a bit longer even if they run away from you.