Blackheart bay map is liked by literally no one

Please remove blackheart bay. No one likes it. I’m sure majority would prefer mines. I know it’s just an intern running this game, but come on.

2 Likes

I agree. lets remove towers of doom as well.

2 Likes

Hi, I am no one and I like Blachheart’s Bay. Thank you for acknowlediging me!

Why would you remove the map with the best comeback potencial in the game? I can’t understand the hate against ToD.

13 Likes

I prefer blackheart bay over mines. Glad mines is not on rotation.

I don’t like ToD either.

3 Likes

Is there more reasons than just the simple dislike? I personally like any map in Hots, but I guess I am biased, because as a Dota 2 / HoN player I learned to play countless hours on the same map and since every map gives variety I started to love any map and that’s mean I would like to see Haunted Mines at least in QM and Unranked. But I wouldn’t mind it in ranked either.

No, I just simply don’t like it.

I like it, but then again, I play a lot of Artanis, and that is the type of map on which he shines.

Haunted Mines was a pain in the neck as it could snowball heavily, and very few people knew how to play it correctly. Add in the vast number of bugs, and yeah, no thanks.

Now that Warhead Junction has been updated to be more interactive, there really isn’t any map in the current rotation I actively dislike.

1 Like

This thread has never been made before on the forums before, it gives me so much to think about… So no, don’t remove a map just because of feels.

13 Likes

Thanks to people like you we have lost all PvE Brawls, Haunted Mines.
Once removed we can never have the ability to play them again…

But you might say “We have ARAM”. The ARAM is the only thing in Heroes of The Storm I never participate because reminds me of those reddit users that were responsible for the removal of the PvE Brawls.

Solution whenever you dislike something doesn’t mean other players agree with you.

1 Like

To be fair, the current devs at the time said they removed brawls due to expense, not because of users disliking them. Actually they gave that answer in response to people asking for brawls to return. Same goes for Haunted Mines, bugs and expensive to fix, they said it will return sometime.

2 Likes

cuz false attributions and blaming anything else you can makes an opinion that much more valuable, esp when it’s from a voice of experience \o/

2 Likes

Hello, I’m no one, nice to meet you. I don’t complain about any of the maps because I like all of them for how unique and fun they are.

6 Likes

Really? Then how do explain transition from Brawl to ARAM??? The code to change map pool from Brawl to ARAM including the creation of multiple ARAM maps (If not mistaken 7. Fell free to correct me)
Tittle change from Brawl to ARAM and Leoric disabled in ARAM.
Those things doesn’t grow on the trees and requires investments.

How can ARAM gets updates and all ARAM maps are there but not PvE Brawls even if they not update them.

One answer reddit users that stuck in ARAM are responsible for it. While I can somewhat agree with the blue reddit post from former developer it’s just feels like maintaining ARAM and Brawls are using the same amounts of investment.

Which bring us back to the question why do we have only ARAM??

Simple. Players just want to single line fights.
While I dislike that mode I don’t want to be removed just because I dislike it.

What I want is players to have choice and not be forced to play ARAM just because general casuals think its fun.

There are players like me that like to play PvE Brawls and other removed maps such as Haunted Mines.

The pure example is the comparison between Classic WoW and Retail WoW. Do I have to mention retail players hate when they wanted No Classic WoW?

Then if it wasn’t for dedicated players and programmers that bring back Vanilla World of Warcraft to its fans we wouldn’t be having Classic WoW and Burning Crusade Classic.

There are old things just like music and old photos of your past moments that you just don’t throw in the trash can.

And I’m going to use this love song as a reference. The song represents how much I love them.

Apparently anything other than ARAM is more expensive to maintain due to having adapt old brawls to new client versions. Here are two threads where the then current Devs posted about it on Reddit and I’ve also left the summary.

Sadly, non-ARAM Brawls are pretty expensive to maintain. We’d love to keep the Brawl mode hidden, and set up something fun there, for a week or two, on special occasions, such as seasonal events.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/e5lv41/heroes_of_the_storm_ama_december_5_2019/f9raqzp/

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/e5lv41/heroes_of_the_storm_ama_december_5_2019/f9r1s6n/

3 Likes

I don’t mind Blackheart’s Bay. I prefer it over Warhead Junction… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The ARAM maps were always there. Lost Cavern was the first Brawl introduced, even before any of the PvE brawls. The only “new” map in ARAM is the Industrial District. In addition, I believe there are only 4 ARAM maps, Lost Cavern, Silver City, Braxis Outpost, and Industrial District. The majority of the former Brawl maps were disabled, as they often had mechanics that might not work well with newer heroes.

For example, one of the older brawls had a feature where you had to stand in a certain area, or you were one-shot by the map AoE. Part of the fun of that map was using displacement abilities, or created terrain such as Tassadar walls, to force your opponents out into the death zone. What do you do with a hero like Deathwing who can simply fly off the map and avoid the mechanic completely?

2 Likes

Well there’s no need for Deathwing to enter the hidden Dungeon he’s too big. But I can say that players who desire to play them wouldn’t mind him not being used.

Yes they created brand new map but no PvE map cause??? No one really knows…

As example I’ve missed countless games to play with my friends because they want to play PvE Brawls, but no go ARAM. I say No thanks.

Ranked/Unranked(Huge Queues) or no play.
Result they just play Ranked or exit Heroes of The Storm.

Even if I have to admit pretty huge investments for old Brawls. Why we don’t have new PvE maps??

I’ll tell you why. Because higher ups. Unless there is another community raid with thousands of players to play PvE Maps we will never see those kinds of maps again.

All ideas can come for PvE maps such as Realm Lords and possible quality features to stay and play Heroes of The Storm but no…

So next time when your tank cost you the game. Take a moment to understand that ARAM Mode is transforming players to play ARAM style in Ranked therefore the decline of tanks will grow more and more. For that matchmaker is not the one to blame

It’s the reason I quoted you in my reply. They have to update each individual brawl for each new version of the client. They simply don’t want to spend the money.

But they do cause ARAM is here. Hence to answer about Deathwing. He’s not played in ARAM as well. Is Hogger in ARAM as well? If not then old ARAM can but PvE Brawls can’t cause?

Why need to update old Brawls? They were made for heroes that were there. Not all heroes in the past Brawls were there as well.
I wonder when new hero arrives in the Nexus will he be added to ARAM and then we will know the answer. (Pinned as a reminder)

Don’t get me wrong. I just want they offer a choice to play something else except current game modes.

Deathwing is in ARAM so is Hogger. Hoku said it was due to hero interactions which is part of the reason, the other is they have to update the client for each of the brawls and there are more brawl maps than ARAM maps and the ARAM maps are standardized.

It’s explained in the Reddit threads.

1 Like