Battlenet only connects with VPN

Battlenet will only connect when VPN is enabled. I’m using norton VPN, on windows 10.

I’d like it to work with VPN disabled because I can only watch Netflix w VPN disabled according to Netflix TOS.

Hey there MrFizzbin761,

Being able to connect only when using a VPN is definitely odd. Usually if that’s what helps, it means something with the ISP or network is going on. VPN’s change how data travels, so something between the system and Blizzard servers is having a problem. Talking with your ISP may ultimately be what’s needed, yet there are a couple things that you can try to better narrow down what’s going on.

The first idea is if you have a separate modem and router, try bypassing the router and plugging directly into the modem. If you find that helps, a factory reset may be needed for the router or even a firmware update.

The other idea is to try an alternative connection. This can be a friend’s or neighbor’s wifi, or even a mobile hotspot. This step rules out both the network and ISP, so if it helps you’ll want to talk to your ISP and let them know.

I hope this information helps out!

No, this is definitely a problem with battle.net as I have the same problem. I believe Blizzard’s DDoS protection is blocking non-US IPs from logging in. I am trying to login to the US realm from Asia and I get disconnected trying to log in. If I turn on a US VPN, I can connect just fine. The stupid thing is the US realm isn’t just for US. Singapore server is on US realm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.