Azmodan's all shall burn not activating on kill

In a recent patch, Azmodan’s all shall burn talents were changed to activate on kill or full channel duration (master of destruction, hell rift, etc…).

I had a game where these talents did not activate even on minion kill.

DETAILS:
Map: Battlefield of eternity
Talents used: Gluttony, battleborn, bombardment, tide of sin, chain of command, hell rift
No disconnects occurred

EDIT: I was the only source of damage on the target. No other damage sources were present.

If the target dies to anything but direct player sourced damage, Master of Destruction may not trigger. This in some cases includes team minion/merc/hero damage and most definitely your own demons (their AA and passive immolation, in specific cases even the instant one shot as well which is somewhat random).

Otherwise there is no special damage requirement threshold to activate tier 7 and 16 talents, as both will properly activate even on cursed minions (1 hit for killing blow).

Wasn’t the change supposed to take effect even if the minion dies under the effect of all shall burn, even if it is killed by another damage source? If not, then there’s ambiguity in the patch notes. Regardless, the talents did not trigger, I was the only source of damage on the minion for the entire duration.

If it truly is not intended to proc because your own demons killed the target before you, that’s kind of ridiculous.

If it truly is not intended to proc because your own demons killed the target before you, that’s kind of ridiculous.

It should proc, because the patch notes clearly say it will trigger even if the target dies to any other source of damage while All Shall Burn is active.

The only explanation I can think of is you accidentally canceled it or something else canceled it. Is that possible?

Though it’d be easier to see from a StormReplay file.

(Also, area damage wont happen vs heroes, but this shouldn’t apply in your case)