Available maps in vs AI mode

Back on a 4 map rotation… what kind of black magic is that?

2 Likes

Just played 5 games on AI Teammates. Got the exact rotation Sickroom described- first Garden, then Alterac, BoE, Volskaya, back to Garden.

I agree with Sickroom- the fact that the rotation changes at all seems to indicate some attention to the problem, but clearly no permanent fix. I’ve noticed the bug for a long time too, and I did hold out hope that it would be sorted sooner than later.

Most of all I’m happy to see that people have kept this thread alive the whole time. I’ll be contributing as I see changes too, and i’m still hopeful we’ll get a direct reply (or better a fix!) some day.

3 Likes

I did not play yesterday, but today it seems that I’m in the same boat as the others who were lucky enough to experience a brief “fix”. I’ve tried exiting and re-entering a game 4 times to make sure, and I only get Garden of Terror. So I have a sneaking feeling that my next map will be BoE… :frowning:

1 Like

In a full AI game, if you quit the map early, you will keep getting that map each time you recreate a game, unless you change the hero, or finish that map.

At this point some input from the developers would be more than welcome.

There is only so much troubleshooting we can do and from all the comments the most plausible explanation would be that only a portion of player accounts is affected by the limited map availability, and the problem is carrying over to everyone else matched with those players, since the game is accommodating the map pool accordingly. It also explains the experiences with problem disappearing and reemerging shortly after.

1 Like

Oh my. Looks like I’m the same.

To be honest, if the 4 map pool updates frequently (once a week at least) then I’m fine with it, (but if they can control how often it updates, they should probably be able to fix it anyway). More than a week on the same maps is irritating though.

So here’s hoping for a fix or continued frequent accidental change-ups.

3 Likes

The game is still back to “normal” (with a 4 map rotation bug being what’s normal). My new rotation is now (since some time on Friday):

Garden of Terror - Sky Temple - BoE - Braxis

I don’t know what to say.

2 Likes

Again the same maps like Elyxia in EU

BoE is sooo much fun these days as soon as the AI stucks on the Immortal … not! -.-

2 Likes

Yes it’s quite entertaining when they just stand there defending their own immortals against… nothing… At least it’s possible to put AI teammates on follow again :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve been testing some things this morning. I played through a full rotation of ai teammates on an alt account to test if it’s tied to the account somehow. Same 4 map limitation.

I just took that alt acct to EU server. The first 5 games were on cursed hollow as expected (treats you like a new account), but the next one was Tomb of the spider queen. First time getting that map in MONTHS. Can some more people please try switching from your home server and report back?

I’m also going to try creating a brand new account on US and see if that yields fresh maps too, if it’s somehow linked to accounts not servers. This seems like a promising lead for isolating the problem.

2 Likes

Hello, for the last 34 games our map rotation has been repeating in this order: Sky Temple, Braxis Holdout, Battlefield of Eternity, Garden of Terror.

I would like to enjoy the other maps too, is there a work around or a fix for this?

3 Likes

Alright, I kept at it on the EU server. Maps went:

(5 Cursed Hollows)
Tomb
Towers
Dragon Shire
Cursed Hollow
Tomb (uh oh)
Garden Terror (phew)
Towers
Cursed
Tomb
Garden
Sky Temple

So- too small of a sample size as yet, but clearly a bigger pool, and definitely different pool, than when I was playing on US. I’m pretty AI heroes’d out now, but I hope this rigorous testing helps.

Thanks everyone, and to any lurkers out there, don’t be afraid to chime in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exact same 4 maps as me. We have been waiting for a fix for this since August last year more or less. :confounded:

1 Like

Looks like mine’s now rotating Garden -> Volskya -> Alterac -> Battlefield. I can squeeze in a couple matches every 2-4 days, and if it’s a weekly rotation, then it’s not so bad. Mostly I’m just sick to death of BoE being in the rotation no matter how many times it changes, especially since it’s basically broken right now.

4 Likes

Oh gosh that sounds awful. I wonder why this hasn’t been addressed? Seems a bit of a serious issue

2 Likes

Shrug Reduced resources, other issues are higher priorities, fundamental issues in the engine’s core code that can’t be fixed, who knows. Of the bugs present, I’d rather they focus on making the AI better than potato-grade morons.

Had 4 games today: Braxis, Garden, Warhead & Spiders. That’s different from what I had for the last 9-10 days or so. Hopefully I’m out of the limited rotation, but it’s too early to tell, next game tomorrow I’ll probably find out!

1 Like

Since today: Spiderqueen, Shrines, Warhead and Garden of Trash… at least Battlefield of Eternity is gone sigh

3 Likes

Same. I wonder if Blizz ever intends to fix this bug. This is pretty unacceptable for a company that used to be so great. To have fallen so far that a bug like this is allowed to persist for (in this thread at least) 7 months.

3 Likes

Same here too. Spiders - Shrines - Warhead - Garden.

1 Like

Today my map rotation has changed to Sky Temple - Towers of Doom - Blackhearts Bay - Battlefield of Eternety.

Still a 4 map rotation though.