Available maps in vs AI mode

It’s more than four maps, but I’ve also been having this issue. I’ve basically forgotten that Cursed Hollow, Warhead Junction, Haunted Mines, Infernal Shrines, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Dragon Shire, and Garden of Terror even exist. It’s mostly Braxis, Blackheart’s, Battlefield, and Alterac, with OCCASIONAL (like once every ten games) matches in Hanamura, Volskaya, and Sky Temple. I was actually shocked to get Towers of Doom today, that’s the first time I’ve gotten it in probably months.

1 Like

is this being fixed next patch mr. Blue?

there is little to no communication on this matter and the only thing keeping people in the game is map diversity, which is significantly impacted by this bug

AI players aren’t the overwhelming majority, but there are many other who don’t have much time to play and sometimes just want to clear three days of quests in few bot games

2 Likes

Fix worked for a week then the bug came back. Great job tho.
Hope you guys can find a permanent fix soon =)

Current limited rotation is :
Sky Temple --> Cursed Hollow --> Blackheart’s Bay --> Battlefield of Eternity

2 Likes

Oh no… it’s happening again for me too. Last week for the first time in months I saw the garden, spider & warhead maps (once) for the first time in months. Now I’m back to the “4 maps over & over” thing again. Same maps as in the previous post.

I haven’t seen the graveyard map in probably 6 months.

2 Likes

Still the same here. I’ve had the same 4 maps for two weeks ( Alterac Pass - Towers of Doom - Warhead Junction - Sky Temple.) and I never experienced even a brief period of the problem being fixed. One would think this would be considered quite serious, but patch after patch, new heroes, events, lots of hotfix patches, and it is NEVER mentioned in patch notes, nor have we seen any blue posts on the subject since… last year?! And more importantly… no fixes.

I have always felt like Blizzard valued their players and I know not everything is an easy fix, but I am starting to feel like this should recieve a lot more attention (and maybe a few updates?) than it does. And if this is being “conveniently ignored” in the hopes that more players will switch to playing with or against real players in desperation for more varied maps… well…lets just say it’s not going to work quite that way… I want to believe that’s not the case, but week after week after week with nothing kind of makes you wonder.

Please… do something about this!

3 Likes

Ridiculous that this bug still exists. Come on, this is beyond laziness. Get it sorted.

4 Likes

Exactly the same for me. :frowning:

3 Likes

Lunar Patch: Still 4 maps. Garden of Terrors - Volskaya Foundry - Hanamura - Braxis Holdout.

Is anything actually being done about this?

4 Likes

Same problem for me (Europe) - so I’m posting here because the german support tells you it’s no bug (it’s a feature -.-) and the map rotation in A.I. is normal

Exactly the same 4 maps as Elyxia btw

Fix that pls! It’s getting boring…

3 Likes

It’s crazy how long this has been going on and nothing seems to be done about it. For months i’ve been getting only 4 maps and it’s a pain. I love to play heroes but this sucks. Why can’t we get this fixed ? And on twitter you don’t even get a response. Great customer service… Surely with so many people experiencing this problem it has to get a little priority and not drag on much longer.

3 Likes

problem still ongoing in CO-OP vs AI

however, more than 4 maps are present in 9 AI + player mode

it’s only something I noticed by doing the full new quest chain with all bots, while I was working on the PC at the same time, so your theory on only certain players being affected and most of the others being put into the games that can accommodate them seems valid

I played full AI and some COOP after, full AI maps were different ones than those 4 that I was limited to play on with others, but it’s still a small sample size to be certain of anything

it must be something along the line of players at certain level checkpoints being forced to play specific maps, same as new players are forced to play cursed hollow for a certain amount of times at first, though I didn’t notice any specific pattern to it yet, it seems to explain why some people think it briefly gets fixed and broken again shortly after (and the whole 4 map rotation changing altogether once in a while)

2 Likes

As Sickroom mentioned - the same issue on EU, around Mephisto release maps went as Chromie talent - Bye Bye. Only 4 maps in rotation, they change when any patch drops, but still 4 maps.

Curently same as above - Garden/Volskaya/Hanamura/Braxis.

Any info what is the progres on some fix Blizzard? ETA, something would be nice.

3 Likes

I also had a change yesterday. For the first time since as long as I can remember I actually had random maps yesterday. Quitting a game would generate a new map and I got to play maps I haven’t seen in months. I haven’t seen if it’s still like that today, but knowing others here has experiences brief, temporary fixes, I’m not counting on it lasting very long.

1 Like

Since yesterday it’s changed and the bug seems to be gone for me (EU)

2 Likes

Same here - on Saturday/Sunday night I suddenly got Cursed Hollow, then Blackhearts Bay. Coudn’t believe it, maps are back to random.
For how long? I hope that next patch won’t brake it and it’s a permanent thing.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve had random maps since sunday. But I know many people have had this happen, only to be back to 4 maps the next time it’s patched. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Chiming in that a friend and I are encountering the same issue- only 4 map consistent rotation when playing “A.I. Teammates” specifically. Seems to be a broader map pool in “Co-op”. Braxis Holdout, Volskaya Foundry, Infernal Shrines, Battlefield of Eternity, in the same order. Doesn’t matter if we play together or separately. Would love an update when a blue gets a chance. I notice the “known issues” list was updated recently, and that this is still on there- presumably since last Oct. when this thread started. Thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t been playing that much lately but in games with full AI there is a full proper map rotation for the last two “resets”, for co-op I don’t have a high enough sample

1 Like

Since Sunday I’ve only had the same 4 maps as mentioned a few posts up, but not necessarily in that order.