Available maps in vs AI mode

This is broken again after Orphea patch.

Stuck doing Cursed Hollow, Hanamura, Garden of Terror, Braxis endlessly in that order again for vs AI

Exactly the same here.

It’s back yet again as of the Raven Crest High School content introduction, Novemeber 27th. I’m getting only the maps

Garden of Terror --> Battlefield of Eternity --> Volskaya Foundry --> Infernal Shrines

and back around to Garden. Canceling and remaking a game draws the same map until a game there is completed.

Please fix this again as soon as possible, and try to look into what can be done to keep it from continuing to recur every time there is a patch or a server modification. Thanks.

I’m sorry to keep replying to this, but this bug has been active once more since December 1st. Limited map pool bug back yet again

It had resurfaced a few days before that on November 27th and was quickly resolved, but it soon again returned and is currently active as of today, December 4th.

I’ve never encountered this before, but after December 1, the vs AI map pool for me seems to be limited to just Gardens of Terror, Volskaya Foundry, Battlefield of Eternity and Infernal Shrines, and I’m getting quite sick of playing those maps. If I wanted to play the same old maps over and over again, I’d go play League of Legends instead.

Hi folks!

Just to drop a quick update, this is something we are still actively investigating.

Thank you for your patience.

-Zobrek

Limited map pool bug back yet again

Thank you for your response, we know you’re particularly busy this week with the sensitive testing on the PTR.

Can confirm this is broke again, I posted about it before on reddit. It was fixed for a short while but has since been broken again.

My Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9qoqf4/battleground_rotation_bias/

More new reddit posts: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/a3pq16/limited_map_pool_in_vs_ai/

For whatever the information may be worth, as of the night of Thursday, December 6 my map pool changed to:

Towers of Doom -> Battlefield of Eternity -> Warhead Junction -> Dragon Shire

…though all the same behavior still persists, i.e. canceling and remaking a game draws the same map, the four maps follow one another in a closed sequence, etc.

Note that this is the first time I’ve had a set that did not include either Hanamura Temple or Garden of Terror; however, there were recent minor tweaks to Dragon Shire, which might explain its presence this time in the absence of the two more thoroughly overhauled battlegrounds.

Just to add to this thread, I wanted to confirm I have this problem as well - the first four maps I was stuck in were:

Sky Temple > Infernal Shrine > Spider Queen > Warhead Junction

As of the morning of December 7th I can also confirm that my map rotation has changed, but still stuck on four maps… Now I am stuck with:

Blackheart Bay > Towers of Doom > Sky Temple > Infernal Shrine

I am particularly upset with Towers of Doom… I hate this map… And to have Sky Temple as one of the maps again is pretty unfortunate as well…

This bug is still active as of the Toys event patch. My map pool is now:

Volskaya Foundry --> Sky Temple --> Warhead Junction --> Battlefield of Eternity

with all the prior described behavior. Please fix this—even temporarily—as soon as possible. Thanks.

Toys event, Same 4 maps over and over

Just to add to this thread in case it helps with solving this issue, my new maps are:

Braxis Holdout -> Alterac Pass -> Towers of Doom -> Tomb of the Spider Queen

Is there any way to follow updates with this issue? I only enjoy playing with ai so this is becoming an incresingly frustrating problem for me.

i am also stuck with the same four as sickroom v frustrating i like playing vs AI to just relax and kill time this needs fixed

I’m facing this issue vs AI as well. My maps are Volskaya Foundry --> Sky Temple --> Warhead Junction --> Battlefield of Eternity.

The bug seems still to be active in the balance patch that was released today, Wednesday, December 19.

Please apply any kind of fix as soon as possible, as I’m sure we would all enjoy some variety during the event grind. Thanks.

Wednesday Dec 19th the same 4 maps Volskaya Foundry, Sky Temple, Warhead Junction & Battlefield of Eternity are still reoccurring in the same order. This has been happening since the Toys Event beginning update on Dec 11th. I know I’ve already posted this but it kind of ruins the event.

As of the late evening on December 19, my limited map pool changed to:

… --> Cursed Hollow --> Dragon Shire --> Tomb of the Spider Queen --> Alterac Pass --> … Cursed Hollow --> …

with all the prior described behavior.

Low priority though the issue understandably might be, it has been active for far more time than it has not since August. I am a coder and cannot for the life of me figure out what could possibly be so difficult about fixing this problem permanently in a time span of four months when the solution has actually been realized—accidentally or else wise—in between the returns to broken behavior. After the first two months or so I presumed to speculate as to what the culprit might be, but received nothing whatsoever for a response.

The current in-game event is now more than a quarter over and we’re looking at the likelihood of yet another full week of four-battleground purgatory, with no indication other than a two-week-old response, which thus far has transitioned to no substantive results, that the issue will be resolved before the event has fully concluded.

This is getting very, very discouraging.

Still having the same issue. It’s been nothing but Blackheart’s Bay, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Dragon Shire and Sky Temple since the Toy Event started. Vs A.I mode.

I didn’t know this was an active problem, but I can confirm that ever since the toys event it was Blackhearts, Dragon Shire, Tomb and Sky Temple

Although with Imperius’ patch blackhearts and tomb seem(for me that is) to have been replaced by Alterac Pass and Hanamura.

I have had a similar change since the Imperius patch. Alterac Pass - Hanamura - Sky Temple - Garden of Terrors.