Australia/New Zealand - High Latency or Connecting to Wrong Servers since 2/Jul/2019

If you set preferred region to Australia, you can see it has a ping of 9999ms. People who don’t have their region set to Australia won’t set this issue, which is why not everyone is seeing it.

Blizzard: What has happened?

3 Likes

I just changed my region to somewhere else and my VS AI is working again. Ping doesnt matter when you are in the only one in the game so its a temp fix for me. Thanks for pointing that one out

I’m getting this too. I’m getting an error message every time I find a game that says “A problem occurred while connecting to the game”, and I can’t get into the game. When playing with a friend, he loads up fine and his ping is only 16 or so, despite being on the Australia server too. This only started happening this morning.

1 Like

Yup. i have a sinking feeling Blizzard is removing Australian region support and connectivity.

It has lasted for 12h and no offical announce nor explain yet, I just wonder if there is anyone working on it.

I don’t think anyone is, and I am thinking more and more they’re removing the region.

We’ve had connectivity issues (tbh it’s been 5 people posting, for all you know could just be us 5) for less than a day and it’s past midnight for them. Their twitter CS has stopped responding to tweets. What is making you assume that means we’re losing our servers???

Can confirm it’s not just you guys. Been down for me all day and after googling it I assumed it was just me, only thought of checking the AUS forum section now, otherwise would have just kept assuming it was my end.

Same here, really high latency and when you try join a game it says there is an issue with the server and disconnects you.

the scheduled maintainence of 1am-6am PST might involve a fix, or perhaps it started super early on that sub-server for some reason?

No idea/proof, just random thought.

It would be a natural progression from the reduced support for the game, and this has never happened before.

Yeah, cause the natural progression from them doing reduced support for the game is turning off a regions servers with absolutely NO communication…

2 Likes

I am getting an error that says

ERROR:
A problem occurred while connecting to the game. Please try again later.

this happens when I que alone or with a party but the party members do not see it.

Same issue here can’t get into any game when on AU server. Singapore works fine but then 150+ ping. Are they going address anything.

Also how the hell do you even raise a ticket here, is everything just via community that’s some no balling service. Blizzard you are losing bad

It’s frustrating, try starting a support chat in the EU region and getting them to transfer you. That’s the only way I could find of contacting support. Not impressed with Blizzard.

Considering they don’t have dedicated Oz support and never have, is it really that much of a stretch?!

They say use the forums but Blizzard never does anything in the forums. As the Americans would say its a catch-22.

Isn’t a forum global?

Nah this forum is on us.forums.blizzard.com, EU has their own (eu.forums.blizzard.com), they don’t share content.

I can get into hots fine, but when it finds a match, it tries to connect and ultimately fails. Been happening all morning, was fine last night. Internet is fine, can play all sorts of other multiplayer games. Havent’ tested other blizzard titles, but hots is currently unplayable. Have tried at least 7 times, each time a game is found and tries to connect, it fails.