Assassins in ranked games without a warrior or healer should have to pay penalty at loss

An salty guy who had to make a new acc to play and started from Bronze, currently 7n Gold 5.

I have eyes everywhere, when im not playing im watching streams or on the forums.

I have vision of it all. :eye:

About 8 hours every day consists of reading these forums, looking at streams and playing the game, im bound to run into some of you at some point tbh, DrLogan was the last one in my games.

1 Like

Sounds like you have an interesting job if you have so much free time on your hands XD.

P.S. I should not be lurking these forums now either.

Do you remember the name of that salty streamer? Would be interesting to tune in the next time I run into him. I seem to be seeing mostly same names in NA TL, so that’s bound to happen sooner or later.

My job consists of alot of waiting and walking from 1 place to another so i have time to :poop: post alot, on top of that im just at home and twitch on my phone open most of that time.

Loobohv, he has posted his stream here too so its not a secret but i ran into it before on twitch when i was looking through Heroes streamers.

Hes atm 53-26 i think in TL on his way from Bronze 1 up, also showing how other than GMs can climb too btw if they actually dont belong in certain ranks, its interesting.

He gets real salty every now and then though.

When he tilts he really starts messing up too

Well I wouldn’t even think to look for him somewhere down below on twitch. So I wouldn’t even know I can do that. Will see if I can get him again. Found the game btw, he’s 3k mmr on hotslogs (hotslogs still tends to catch smurfs much faster ;)), but ingame I would not have pegged him is anything higher than silver.

1 Like

He was super tilted about picking Tracer into valeera before and started to play a bit worse, you can literally notice after he tilts how much worse he starts to play.

Also Tracers sololane playstyle wasnt making him happy either.

Dont play tilted kids.

Well I was thinking in that draft for their last pick: “arthas would **** us, sonya would be OK, maybe thrall too; tracer - weeeeird, master smurf? nah, that won’t work.”
I just told valeera to stick around me and catch that tracer and that’s about all our tactics XD. Anyway it was still a workable draft (well any draft is workable), no need to get tilted about it. Especially, considering it’s a draft in gold/plat, where even bigger miracles happen on regular basis (not to mention valeera’s tend to be terrible in these ranks (so do tracers I guess), so that’s already a big source of hope).
Can’t blame people for not thinking about draft options all the time in every situation like I do, especially in such low ranks. Also, I may always know the best pick, but I rarely pick it myself (usually it’s not a fun pick XD). So maybe he just thought tracer is more fun (playing a fun hero = +20% winrate).

1 Like

After not playing in silver-gold games for a year, these games and decicions in them make me almost tilt just seeing them, another reason why i will never be able to smurf.

Also a reason i usually watch only Dia+ streamers if they arent otherwise funny or smth. (also not much to learn from silver games)

Im a Rankist.

There are two primary ways to motivate people. The Carrot, and the Stick.

The stick is effective. You lose something, and if you care about said loss, you quickly change your attitude to avoid said loss… However, it also increases the chances the person quits caring and does it anyway, or they just up and leave.

The carrot is a little less predictable. It does create an incentive to do something, but only if it offers enough of the right kind of reward. Plus, there will be the people out there that are hunting expressly for the reward and not filling what the team might need.

Honestly, I could see that maybe a team wanted to roll the dice on a risky composition and avoid the usual ‘traditional’ composition and go without particular classes. It gets even more flexible when you realize that there are some characters that are classified as a particular thing, but really could also be an off-something else too (Kharazim, for example.)

I see what you’re trying to go for, and yeah, trying to get people to think of the team first would be nice… but I don’t think offering rewards or imposing penalties is really gonna work in the end, much less get implemented easily by the devs.

Stick = losing rank points.

Carrot = get rank points, also winning in PVP games grants 50K bonus XP.

What if we made the losing team lose 10k XP so we could have something red glowing there when you lose, making them feel bad :thinking:

But if a draft failure is made because of inexperience, no amount of stick is going to make them learn really, just like no amount of flaming will make a person play better, only effect for flaming can be even worse performance as they get distracted.

Flamers in general handicap their own team from making a comeback if something goes wrong, the best th8ng you can do is to keep your tilt to yourself, the worst thing you can do is flame and make the game a war of chats and tilt everyone else too.

People don’t get angry and tilted when they have nothing to lose or nothing to gain. The shouting, overachieving, throwing, disagreements of which bad tactic to go for and other “bad” social things happen exactly because most ppl care too much already (and some get burned out and get into the “I don’t care anymore, I want you all to suffer” state). I would say putting even more pressure on them would make things even worse ;).

1 Like

So lets make a reporting system that when atleast 3 teammates vote that you in particular caused the loss, you lose 20 rank points more, also only applies to HL so party idiocy doesnt happen :smirk:

Same but reversed for the winning team

Also the person who got voted as the weakest link gets his reports invalid against teammates of the game so no revenge reporting happens.

Thats some PBMM for ya there, really makes ppl behave when they can get voted for being a baddie, maybe abusive chat reports would go down as well, what could go wrong? :angel:

Abusable by any 3-man. I like playing solo, even TL, so no thx ;).

Like i said, only in HL

Still subject to abuse. The current system already has issues when you talk to some out there, and it’s almost 50/50 whether you believe them or not. But that’s a whole other issue.

There’s also the difference of opinion. I know I’ve been pissed off at a tank or support that could have backed me up or some other needed thing, but they didn’t. Sometimes though, I make sure to rename the replay, and when I want to see the game but not play, I dig through some of them… and sure enough, if I was in that players shoes, I would have focused myself elsewhere because I didn’t see something, or I was REALLY overextending.

So, at the time I would have been in a place to designate ‘who caused us to lose’ there is the strong chance that I would have gone for someone that I will admit later didn’t deserve it. Not saying that you can’t get it right at all, just sometimes you focus on the speck in someone else’s eye while ignoring the giant log in yours. But speck/log analyzing isn’t exactly something you can casually do in the middle of a teamfight, ya know?

I also have to raise the point again that I think players should still have the room to explore strange comps, and if enough characters were to be added, I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a group of tanks and assassins that had enough self-sustain that healers wouldn’t be REQUIRED, just a little risky… I don’t think the devs want to do anything that looks like they are trying to say ‘yeah, you’re supposed to always play with a specific comp of characters’

3 Likes

This is all true, also if people don’t want to play the role of tank or support a 50 point penalty won’t change a thing. I’ve lost count of the people who have dropped in HL draft losing themselves 600 points, so I don’t see the OP’s idea will help.

2 Likes

Yeah thats why my idea was kind of a joke :smiley:

I just played Zeratul for like 10 games in QM and went something around 4-6?

I was pretty sure that my teammates were just REAAAAALLLY bad, and i mean i play with golds in QM it seems and Dia in HL so i cant really depend on the team as mich as i do in HL.

But after looking at some GMs and Masters play him i noticed that my playstyle in general on Zeratul was way too aggressive and i tried too much to get kills myself and such and that when the GMs played him it was more about just seeing that lanes are fine and following up on the team and finishing kills kinda like Genji.

Next game was an easy win when i just stopped trying to get random picks all the time and didnt die for nothing.

I usually play Samuro so the playstyle kinda followed, its way easier to get away with things with Samuro but he has less power to do the things, but he can pretty safely poke where Zeratul cant.

TL DR, Dont play every hero the same way, realize what you do wrong, fix that and win more.

Also as an advice for every slealthie/ambush hero player like Valeera, Zeratul or Genji, patience really is an virtue if you want to kill and not get killed.

1 Like