Artanis’s swap can land himself into suicide position

Artanis is unable to swap an enemy hero into friendly gates with phase prism which seems fair for balance reasons. However he can be swapped over an enemy gate. Seems like a bug.

1 Like

it is a balance mechanism, the hero has been around for quite some time

Diablo can flip you over his wall, but you have to be ridiculously close to it in order to work, Artanis has a much higher range with his prism, also imagine Stitches just pulling people into his fort over the gate, it would be incredibly imbalanced.

Diablo’s Shadow Charge collision bonus damage and stun also don’t get applied if you charge someone against your gate.

Muradin’s Haymaker will push the enemy through your structures, but it is somewhat acceptible considering it is an ultimate ability with a relatively long cooldown, which also requires angle consideration and positioning

gameplay > consistency

3 Likes

Yeah as I stated I can understand the balance reason for not being able to swap them into your own gate. However the issue I’m raising is that if I land a good swap on a hero that is behind his own gate, then I get swapped behind that gate and thus destroyed by the enemy forts and towers.

1 Like

I think the issue is calling a swap on an enemy behind a gate “good” when you know its going to put you behind the gate. For balance reasons people need to have some safety within their own base, especially when not even the gate has been killed. The swap is also entirely Artanis’ choice, no one forces him to use it or can influence its direction. Aggresive plays are generally balanced around high risk. They shouldnt be made safer to execute without lowering their potential.

3 Likes

But how can we separate this from Diablo’s charge onto an enemy’s gates? A while ago his charge would get you caught up behind enemy gates, but they ended up patching against it. People should definitely pick their moves, but it seems like this swap is separated from the rest.

1 Like

Intended.

Annoying, but intended. Not a bug.

1 Like

I personally don’t find Diablo-Artanis comparison inconsistent

Diablo can’t cross terrain once he hits an enemy. But for his opponent the terrain doesn’t exist so they just pass through it and Diablo stays where he should: on the gate

Artanis on the other hand can always pass terrain during phase prism, so he does

And as @Archonite mentioned: you don’t have to use phase prism if you’d land under enemy’s fort. Just don’t and there will be no problem. Like Diablo doesn’t have to charge enemies standing behind their gate, which he can do

1 Like