Are you serious about genji

Man i was so exicted when i read Genji listed in ranked assasins but the changes are kinda meh

• Health increased from 1620 to 1675.
  • Health regeneration increased from 3.38 to 3.49.
  • Cyber Agility [Trait]
    • Cooldown increased from 15 to 20 seconds.

like why? 55hp buff is a joke. 5 Seconds more on his trait is a major nerf!! so where is the buff that adjusts for this? like we nerf his baseline to make 1 single level 13 talent stronger, which baiscally is now mendatory and makes him a discount valla?

Cooldown reduction increased from 10 to 14 seconds.
ok but -5 secons +4 is still -1
Level 7

• Augmented Guard [W]
    • Shield amount increased from 75% to 100% of damage blocked.
  • Cyber Shield [Trait]
    • Spell Armor duration increased from 2.5 to 4 seconds.

Spell shield is now nice. But i will still pick perfect defense over augmented gurad. these 25% buff dont make up for it.

-Strike [R2]

• Cooldown reduced from 80 to 60 seconds.
  • Mana cost reduced from 90 to 70.

ok so now we only get to use this ult. dragonblade has a much to long cd for how much it has been nerfed. and x strike- well it just feels underwheling to play but know x strike is so much stronger that you baiscally have to pick it. yes maybe this is the buff?? but hey when the buffed bloodlust, the didnt give a 5 second cd increadse on rehgars q did they?

• Increase Genji’s Basic Attack range by 1. Each time Genji hits an enemy Hero with a Basic Attack, increase his Basic Attack damage by 1% for 3 seconds, stacking up to 15%.

Like i told you. Discount valla. why not make 1 attackreach baseline? or shingan in a weaker version basline? put more power in his e. then the trait cd can stay. also nerf his deflect. perfect defense needs to go.

Level 20

• Living Weapon [R2]
    • Cooldown reduction reduced from 12 to 10 seconds.

Whatever.

Overall: Very dissapointed. This hero is in much need for a slight buff, but this feels overall like a nerf- talents got buffed that i dont pick at all or dislike picking, 55hp is a joke, and 5 seconds cd nerf on his mobilty basically killed it.

Edit: While we believe he is still quite powerful in the hands of capable players
then how comes literally no one of the pros picks him? dont bring up fan, i would also bash silver players with genji…

9 Likes

Honestly, I am really surprised Genji was changed. After Tracer’s rework I was 99% sure that sooner or later he will be reworked too.

1 Like

I think this is to make up for the AA talent.

Seems really good on paper.

:thinking:

1 Like

He’s a bit more lethal now imo, not crazy amazing but he seems to do slightly better now so far when Im vs him.

I feel like this may be the capable player they were referring to.

I know very little about Genji, so nothing else to add. This video was just in my recommended.

1 Like

Tobe fair a player like that shouldn’t have a 63% winrate as impressive as it is…

Yeah everyone said 200hp on xul was too.
They should give those each patch to illidan if that’s nothing.

5 Likes

i warned you genjis: be careful what you wish for…

We’ve come a long way since Agile Dismount was just a 5s cd reduction…

Now if you don’t pick that on lv1 you are nerfing yourself a lot.

Way of the Shimada is a really amazing talent on lv13 and gives him back his ability to be an AA harasser, can’t wait to see it live.
Really good contestant with Shingan (and sneaky to put it on 13, so he can’t have both)

1 Like

Wasn’t impressed at all with the changes, they honestly could have done more.

Still no changes to Pathfinder lmao

3 Likes

Genji dominated the Nexus for nearly 2 years. I’m very happy once this was over.
Significantly buffing him would mean the Genji show returns.
So I appreciate the try to buff him and on the other hand nerf his mobility.

The basekit is so broken it can’t be balanced.

1 Like

What years were those?

Genji was hardly exceptionally strong on release, not even anywhere near the likes of Fenix or Maiev, and he’s basically only received net nerfs since.

2 Likes

He was balanced for Diamond+ and Pro play and dominated the meta for a long time after release.

1 Like

Genji never dominated the nexus.

Dominated the pro scene yes. The nexus no. Even masters players were never dominated for a prolonged period by genji

2 Likes

I’m totally in for a flat ~100hp buff for Illidan, as long as his trait or anything doesn’t get buffed.
But I’d much rather have a CD decrease on my trait and a significant HP nerf, but that’s never gonna happen cause
THEY SEE ME JUMPIN
THEY HATIN
CONTROLLING
TRYING TO CATCH ME OF CD
TRYING TO CATCH ME OF CD

Im a silver genji player and I approve of these buffs
55 health is a lot for a ranged assassin

3 Likes

I find this funny, because Garrosh is still bane of high ranked and HGC for far more time of his life time that I would consider him the most banned hero of all, and for a good reason.

Sorry but Genji survived until range reduction and before that he was soft shallow trash after a lot of nerfs.

Genji basically has the “Illidan disease”, give him too much HP and he’d feel unstoppable. That being said some damage buffs at the cost of further increasing his cooldowns could be nice.
Then again it appears Blizz wants the “burst diver” style to be gone or at least severely stunted. Tracer’s power shifted to more damage over time, Genji getting a ramping up AA buff, etc.

1 Like