Aquatarkus-Marrossi CDC #8 Concept Discussion

I know he is dead, but so is half of the HotS roster. :joy:

Anyways, I donā€™t think the abilities I tought about would work. (Too demon and void thematic)
Also I donā€™t really have much ideas for Bwonsamdi so probably would be better if you handled that.

Have you ever played a priest or troll? Even a shadow priest?

(Disclaimer: I havenā€™t played WoW in years, and never got farther than level 25. But I am a huge lore nerd.)

Iā€™m Alliance player by heart :yellow_heart::blue_heart:

I have played priests before and is seems she doesnā€™t have many special abilities. So I think we should create their trait together and the abilities should be easy enough. So ranged off-support it is for Talanji?

Maybe more direct support with some damage, while Bwonsamdi is more Off-support. Remember to also look into troll loa culture and racials. The Embrace of the Loa Racial for Zandalari trolls could provide some useful ideas for Talents. She may also use some abilities during her Spirit walk quest, so maybe look that up.

Since youā€™re essentially the Cho of our character, you post the first thread and Iā€™ll post my kit underneath yours, so we share a thread. Will that work for you?

I asked Blizztron and we are supposed to make 2 separate threads.

So what about this?

Trait- Deal with the devil: Every time Talanji deals damage to enemy, she recharges 1% of Bwonsamdiā€™s maximum mana, doubled against heroes.
If Bwonsamdi posses (or empowers?) Talanji she gains 15% spell power.

(Q) Serpent loa: Skillshot that deals x damage to all enemies and if it hits an enemy hero they are rooted for 1 second.

(W) Judgement of the loa: AoE that deals x damage to enemies and reduce their damge by x%.

(E) Totem of light: Creates a totem at the targeted location, lasts 5 seconds. Totem grants allies 15 armor and heal them for x hp per second.

Itā€™s a decent start. Iā€™ll design Bwansamdi around this basic structure tonight and we can work tomorrow to add in some more levels of uniqueness and interaction.

Sorry I havenā€™t contacted you all day. I donā€™t have much time to talk so Iā€™ll make it brief, Iā€™ve kinda run into a snag with my abilities and canā€™t think of any more. Hereā€™s what i got so far:

I changed everything. Again. At the last minute. I like the changes you made to Talanji, though considering that at least one of us uses mana as a resource as basically our only limiting factor during most of the game, I think Talanji shouldnā€™t use mana. Leaves less to keep track of.

Iā€™m going to go take a nap for, like, a day. See you monday. Loud Thud

Based on the feedback we got, do you think I should remove the (W) Vodoo link and (E) Totem of light interaction?
Also do you have any suggestions for the ults?

As for you part of the concept, I would consider moving Dark Deal to a trait (with a limited, maybe by mana up-time).
And if you want to change his basic abilities maybe give him some low cooldown low damage ability (since he doesnā€™t have an autoattack) with possible effect (like heal) on succesive hits.

Iā€™m gonna be honest with you, I donā€™t want to do any of it.
I donā€™t like the concept at all, or even the contest theme. Having two people try to make something cohesive in such a disjointed manner is just too stressful to be fun, and the ideas were having for the concept we chose arenā€™t exactly inspired. Sure the health limiter I got on Bwonsamdi is kinda neat, and could be a good counter to top-off healers like Morales and Lili, but the whole way he works is just kinda pointlessly tacked on for the sake of mechanics that already have been done better on other characters. Honestly The Mortar Team idea seems more fun and cohesive to me, but again only because Iā€™m able to see both sides of the concept simultaneously.
Look, I hate the thought of walking out on someone, so I will push through this if you really want to keep going, but Iā€™m just saying we donā€™t have much to go on and I donā€™t have much time or drive to finish a whole talent tree, so please forgive me for the lackluster work.

And yes, we should get rid of the Voodoo Link-Totem interaction, it just complicates things. How does Voodoo Link work anyway, is it like a double targeted ability? How would that work in active play?

I canā€™t force you, nor do I see any point in doing so. If you donā€™t want to continue we can quit.
Anyways I think some of the communication problems could have been mitigated by choosing better platform (forums arenā€™t the best).

Voodo Link works like any ability you can use on both friends and foes (Utherā€™s Q, Varianā€™s Eā€¦) aka clicking on the targetā€¦

I think I wont be doing any more of these design contests. Honestly, Iā€™ve barely played HotS within the last few months, and since my brother barely plays any Blizzard games outside of WoW my interest has been waning. Sorry to drop out on you like this, but I hope next time your able to come up with something good!
GLHF

Iā€™m sorry to hear you guys are dropping out, and I wish you both success in your future concepts, if you do decide to make them.

TY. I plan to stay with HotS and I hope I will participate in the next CDC.