[Apr 23] BLZBNTAGT00000907, BLZBNTAGT000008FC, and missing Play button

So ten minutes ago I’ve played Hearthstone… Everything seemed to work fine. I closed the game and clicked the HOTS button in the Battle-net application and it just showed the ‘install’ option, instead of play.
I tried the ‘find game’ tool, navigated to the games folder and it started an updating process. The bar stayed gray stating it would be ‘waiting for another update to finish’. There were no other updates.
I restarted my PC thinking that might fix my issue. When I started Battle-net, I noticed the same weired bug happened with Hearthstone and SC2 aswell.
Diablo3 is working just fine and the old copy of Overwatch I had installed for the free weekend some time ago showed the ‘update’ option.
I’ve found a generic support thread in the old forums and did everything in there. I started Battle-net as admin, checked my internet-connection, tried using the ‘repair-tool’ (which didn’t work, because that is only available for installed games.)
I’ve closed any background apps that could interfere with Battle-net, including my antivirus program and made firewall-exception for all blizzard programs. I’ve restarted the Update Agent a few times (obviously, since I restarted the PC a few times) and deleted the Battle-net entry in my ProgramData.
So far I’ve had no success and those three games are still not working.

14 Likes

Same issue here…

same here but only with hots. I do not have sc2 installed and when i try -> meh…

Same issue here also

Same for me, only for hots. Other games work fine.

Same here issue for HOTS here as well

Ye, i have the problem as well

same issue with HOTS :frowning:

try installing the newest nvidia driver. Its out now

Same issue here, +hs and sc. :frowning:

Same here… Doesn’t even let me uninstall since it says I need to install. I went to settings through the mini icon, even relocated the game folder, scanned it, it prompts update for a few seconds, I click on it and it prompts a warning saying something went wrong between the server and my client, and it goes back to install option…

1 Like

Some other guy in a thread that was posted around the same time as this found a fix for starting the game even though the launcher is stuck at “Update” or “Install”. You can start the game by opening an .exe file in the game install directory. Should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe
or something like that.

Link to the other thread: Game won't update

4 Likes

Same issue here, hearthstone and hots suddenly gone, but diablo, and overwatch still there.

1 Like

Blizz twitter

They are obviously aware of it - hope they solve the problem fast.

I already have HOTS installed, but the launcher only has an option to install it again. If I click it I just get the text: “Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later”, followed by the ‘More Help’ option (BLZBNTAGT00000907), and following the guidance there doesn’t work. I can’t even uninstall the game because then I get another error message (BLZBNTAGT000008FC).

same here with hots.
startet it with the launcher in the hotsbox.
its like -> C:\Games\Battlenet\Heroes of the Storm\Heroes of the Storm\Support64
There you’ll find “HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe”.

1 Like

Thanks for the reports everyone! Updated the title to capture the issue a bit better. We’re seeing reports of this issue in both US and EU regions since about an hour ago. Our engineers are investigating the issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding! We’ll continue to provide updates when available!

2 Likes

We no longer need logs for this issue.

This inbox is not monitored and will not send responses. It’s used to collect information for Technical Support to assist in troubleshooting.

Thanks everyone for providing the file request, everyone! We have enough examples and files for our Battle.net team! We’ll provide further updates when available.

Please avoid troubleshooting these errors - it may break the Blizzard Application.

2 Likes

yeah, same issue here…