Apple M1 and Rosetta 2 support

You really think they are going to spend a million on compiling an ARM client if they can’t even take down the christmas event and loot boxes in the middle of May? :joy:

Well, Blizzard can if they want.
They updated WoW quite quickly.
I know I know, WoW is arguably Blizz’s cashcow, but I have a hope Blizzard is not letting us down on one of their most fun games, either.

2 Likes

Hey could you please share all of your settings (some screenshot or something)?

Here you go. Game runs very smooth on my 8 GPU core / 8GB MacBook Air M1 with these settings. 1440p works well too but maybe with a tiny bit of occasional stutter. I’ve done the “thermal mod” to my machine (ie: stuck thermal pad on the M1 SoC) which may help also.

Screenshot link below:
https://imgur.com/a/cl4YqlV

I hope they can optimize for M1, I’m using the basic model Mac Mini M1 and it’s not a very smooth experience.

1 Like

Have you tried my settings, linked below? In particular, setting the “Texture quality” to medium makes a big difference. It runs very smooth for me on M1 MacBook Air with these settings.

https://imgur.com/a/cl4YqlV

Same problem, what we can do? Is not easy playing without those parameters…

Problema with high texture and also no
skill indicatora with my Macair m1. When blizzard will do something?

Totally the same problem :slight_smile: waitting for the solution for 8 month already

Tried to play HOTS on MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020). on 1920x1080 resolution and medium graphics quality.
So issues:

1. No icons for ability on the ground (minor)
  2. Freezes every 7-15 of seconds. It’s unable to play with it. (major)

I highly doubt Blizzard will devote any resources to the M1 chip. Chances are, us Mac users are a small minority of the game’s players and Blizzard won’t spend the time or money to port the game to the M1. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s been almost a year and no word from Blizzard on M1 support for anything outside of WoW

So, I play on Mac mini M1. When I first launched the game, I was shocked with great performance. I played on high settings + 2560x1440 resolution and even 144hz. It was perfect gaming but … only for 2 hours. Then something happened, almost in every game at some moment I start catching deep freezes every 4seconds. I decreased settings step by step, and tried to find the reason of lags. Now I try to play at least on very low settings +1920x1080 res. 60hz. And it’s so painful, cause freezes didn’t gone. Could somebody help me with that?

1 Like

No lag or freezes, but the Blaze oil spill and all aim indicators are hidden below the terrain. Hope they will fix this soon.

MacBook M1 Pro