Anyone else noticing a lot of mirror matches in QM?

I mean I’ve noticed the Orphea v Orphea, but almost every game has also had one other character mirrored (usually seemed to be the tank or healer).

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing this trend.

2 Likes

Last time Ive seen mirror was at Valeera release, once. Didnt play new patch yet, but I seen similar thread few weeks ago. It was small server.

So, weird time + low pop server or not?

Are you playing on the minor regions? This tends to happen there.

Every match is a mirror lately. It sucks.

1 Like

nope. I play in NA and play at everytime from 2pm to 5:30am. I still see the problem OP brought up. every since the Mal’ganis patch, whatever rule for QM that kept mirror matches from happening was absolutely obliterated.

That or player numbers dropped MASSIVELY over the course of a single patch, which is doubtful.

The new QM rules (every team will have a tank and support) will probably need mirror matches because there aren’t that many different tanks and supports in the game plus not many players play those roles… will mirror matches be necessary to have reasonable queue times?

Too many people playing the same Hero always “confuse” the QM MM. It happens everytime they release a new Hero.

I just had a game where one team had double tank and no support, the other had an off tank and one support. The balance rules are not in place whatsoever atm.

Yep, been having mirror matches 90% of the time since the Orphea patch.

I’ve noticed the wait times go up, undoubtedly due to the new character… so I wouldn’t be surprised if the devs might have relaxed the mirror match rule to give people a chance to play with the new toy, it just has the added effect of allowing other characters that are popular to be mirrored as well.

I say wait a few more days before lighting the torches.

its normal. nothing to worry about.

when a new hero is released there are usually less restrictions which include increased mirror matching. that allows more ppl to be able to play the new hero without long queue times. it keeps QM quick.

additionally, not long ago they re-implemented mirroring in QM as standard. it happens less normally… but it still is allowed. which the same idea as explained with the new hero is the reason here too. there are a lot of heroes that are more popular. its something i have explained before. like if everyone wanted to play the top healer in games. where does that leave the matching system? it can match no heals… or one side heals and none on the other. you see how unfun that is? its better for a mirror to occur in that case.