Any famous Characters that can represent WC 3 Units?

Understandable, I’ll give you that, but it doesn’t make him less interesting just because he was left behind due to his fate and have other options that was just considered “better” …

Lore wise he’s more than just an old wizard,
a powerful one indeed, and had given of great influence, one of the progenitors of magic and a leader of the Kirin Tor of Dalaran in his lifetime, in which because of leadership, the city’s building foundation became strong, allowing it to flourish and wizards still carries his strong will even to this day.

A young prodigee, he had already written theses at the age of twelve, because of that he was given an award, the youngest one to ever to received one, and left behind some important books that are still considered important by wizard scholars.
Then he quickly rose through the ranks of the magus order and became a leader of the nation. During the Second War, he pledged loyalty to the Alliance of Lordaeron on behalf of Dalaran, in the war against the orcs.
But mostly a great mentor to young Jaina Proudmoore and even took a closer look to Khadgar himself, as without his influence those two probably would’ve never become what they are today, especially Jaina…

Great background isn’t it, wouldn’t you call that interesting? I mean we have characters that have little background and we’re considered minor by some, but they made it to game anyways :thinking::sweat_smile:
Though Is it enough for him to offer something gamechanging to Hots? Yes and a No, depends on the creators themselves if they give him something creative on his gameplay and kit, if given the chance…

So just because he isn’t something unique and can’t offer anything new to Hots Table doesn’t make him less interesting and also a not enough good reason to consider of putting him on the game…

So hopefully that explains why, i kinda wanted him in the game, but not like soon :sweat_smile:, and one of my favorite minor characters, i know kinda weird isn’t it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yasssssss. Still the only one missing from the Rehgar/Varian/Valeera “Dire Maul” crew. Adding Broll to the game would be great as the character has a unique relationship with several other characters already in the game.

I am gonna throw Kargath’s name out there. He was always one of my favorite characters from the lore. He frigin led his people out of slavery. Then when the Warlords of Draenor WoW expansion dropped, they really did him dirty. In the lore he was a hero but Blizz decided to ignore the fact he was a chain breaking slave freer like Khaleesi in Game of Thrones (or technically hand breaker) and they just made him the first kill in the first raid, never to be redeemed (Shame on you Blizz!). If you run around through Burning Crusade, in the first zone, and actually read the quest text. The dude was a hero that fell from grace when he drank the Koolaid (demon blood). In WoD expansion, that never happened, but the writters decided to portray him as a garbage villain, easymode first kill ever. To this day I remain disappointed in how they treated Kargath and would love to see him done the justice he deserves in the Nexus

1 Like

Vol’jin is a shadow hunter not a witch doctor pretty sure those are different things
also Vol’jin spent some time with the Monks so he’s kind of his own thing

1 Like

From what i understand in there lore they’re actually fairly close similar to light religion priests and paladins for humans just more indepth, you are right that Vol’jin is the Shadowhunter as is Rokhan, its Sen’jin (Vol’jins father) who is the Witch Doctor that people tend to mix up.

2 Likes

Melke & Damian, i believe the reason why Vol’jin is sometimes portrayed as a Witch Doctor is because in WC 3 he uses a Witch Doctor Model to differentiate to Rhokan, that’s why i made his concept only just a hint of a Witch Doctor but not fully, at the same time i made it like its kinda he’s own thing…

By the way Damian, just take your time with Anton, all that you said was great ideas (i was surprised that it was lowkey based on Ogre Magi, mines was based on KotL of Dota :grin:) also best of good luck to your CDC together with your partner!!!

Funnily enough i actually got the idea from FF14s Red Mage who has a dual cast effect plus with the help of the concept writers discord already gotten a unique shield idea too now, and i ain’t got a CDC partner yet im waiting till the end to either A drop to even numbers or B help a late runner.

I see :thinking: better do a quick search about him…

Well whatever you do we’ll support, hopefully you can still find one and still able to participate!!

I’m in no rush or hassle, still feeling rusty myself since i haven’t worked on concepts in a little while now, took a break lol.

True, i myself is experiencing creators block or something like that :sweat_smile:, also took a break too, plus i have some errands to do in real life…

And I’m running out of characters to based on of :disappointed_relieved::sweat_smile:, hence why my last creation is that Thisalee…

Yea thats another good reason to take a break, overdoing your work leads to a quick end of concepts which i’ve told a few people before to stretch them out, even if they have two finished at the same time release them a few weeks difference to even it out.

Just gotta make sure you don’t forget about them like i did with my Caleb lol.

1 Like

well my point about him being his own thing after training with the Shado-pan still holds

no one know Lunara and she represent the Dryd uint

for other units i know some names
Footman (Anduin Lothar)
Grunt (Grommash Hellscream)
Archer (Shandris Feathermoon)
Druid of the Claw (Broll Bearmntle)

Hey Blizztron, guess what, Im back well kinda😅, hey quick question again, if you dont mind…

I need someone to represent a Spellbreaker and a Dragonhawk Rider…

Lorthermar said has the potential to become a spellbreaker but he isn’t one they said, for the Dragonhawk Rider, I was thinking of maybe Lyandra Sunstrider could fit the role, plus we get to see the last true wielder of Felomelorn in action, but she doesn’t have a single Dragonhawk or any experience, plus I felt she’s another unknown character again…

Also is Gelbin Mekatorque (sorry for the spelling) is it really a great representative for a Gyrocopter Unit?

Welcome back!

Personally, I think both of those characters are quite good selections, but I would recommend you be careful with their designs; while you can slide both into those roles well enough, Lor’themar is a melee ranger (using DnD/Fantasy terms), so I would try and bring that into the character and make a hybrid of sorts. The same thing can be extended to Lyandra; while it’s an interesting idea to use her, I would recommend using some fire mage themes as well as some San’layn themes. Creating a pleasant mix would bring these designs full circle.

1 Like

I’m a cinematic type of guy, hard to forget once seen something like this tbh… Imagine that “demonic seal” ability being a trait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the remastered version of that scene, also welcome back CVA.

1 Like

Hey, I did some Rework on some of my Concepts, including Archimonde!! Feel free to check it out on my profile!! Thanks Damian and VArsovsSC!!! I’m still looking for a “natural” representative for a Spellbreakers and a Dragonhawk Rider (I really wanted to give him a bigger role on Hots or any expansion pack :sweat_smile:)

What was the name from the Knight in Wc3? Garriton or some what? Sent Kael’thas to death, controlled by Sylvanas, killed by Varimathras.

Thisalle Crow or Skylord Omunru
Morthis Whisperwing
Choluna, a female tauren druid.

These are all named - except Aviana, but she has no “normal” form

Broll is Guardian, so claw.

1 Like

Now you sounded like Varimathras back when he’s also confused with his name :sweat_smile:

I believe its Garithos the Dark Knight, Im also looking for someone who can also represent a Alliance Knight!! But for now I’ll be focusing on Blood Elves… :blush:

Ahh, yeah.

Well we got the Spellbreaker, Kael’thas, the Priests and Mages if i’m not wrong

Mage is Kael’thas - but from the females i only get one - Capernian from the Raidboss battle against Kael’thas
I don’t know B11-Priests and Spellbreaker are only units and no Class or really named in WoW