Any D.Va players here? Strategy? Talent build?

Been picking up D.Va lately for the first time. I’ve been playing for a solid 2+ years now but, i have only ever mained Ranged Assassins. This is the first time i’ve played a tank.

I play her like a brawler though, jumping into the mix, getting in the enemy’s face and wailing on them. So far it’s decent, i get nice kills, decent dmg, etc.

Anyone else play her? Tips? ideal playstyle? Best talent build? Is defense matrix worth a crap? Missiles or Bunny Hop?

Thanks.

Hello!

Yes!

D.Va 1 trick here!

• Full Metal
  • Nuclear Option
  • Fusion generator
  • Bunny Hop
  • Pew-Pew-Pew!
  • Diverting Power
  • Headshot

This is what I run for fun.

But usually, i’d go for a defense matrix build, with anything defense matrix with it.

:slight_smile:

I have almost a 60% win rate with D.Va and 150 games played - Quickplay mostly.

1 Like

Thanks! So most of the time you do defense matrix build? Is defense matrix any good?

Also how do you play D.Va overall? Are you looking to jump into the mix and slug it out? Do you babysit the team and only jump in when your guys are on the ropes, to so the enemy is wailing on you while your guys are escaping?

Like i said, i’ve never played a tank before. Evidently there’s a whole system to “tanking properly”.

Is the exploding mech stuff REALLY any good also? I feel like it doesn’t do much damage and really only works as a “scare tactic” to get the enemy to back-off. Also saving it for when the Robot is about to die, that way you can instantly call another robot after it blows up and resume play.

Also, don’t really take words from me.

I just used things that make sense bc I am a Masters D.Va 1 trick in OW, so I just use OW logic.

I usually now go:

• Pro Moves
  • Nuclear Fusion
  • The booster talent that stuns
  • Micro Missiles
  • Pew-Pew-Pew
  • Diverting Power
  • The perk that heals u while defense matrixing.

Half Mobility // Half Defense matrix.

1. Charge your BS meter
  2. Whenever you’re about to die, use your 17th health bar to instantly win any fight or objective.
  3. Repeat

Try actually playing the character before making assumptions about how good she is. I tried to main D.Va once and one thing that always surprised me: The robot’s health is garbage. Ugghhh!

Even worse: Everytime the Robot is beaten, it counts as 0.5 deaths. You can go a whole game feeling like you’ve done Great and barely died much, then look at your stats and see something like 6.5 deaths. All because of that damn robot.

it counts as 0.5 deaths

Of XP. Which is largely worthless since the XP system is terrible. If you look at the death timer (which is the only thing that matters), it counts as 0 deaths.