Any clue when this childish event will be over?

This childish event should be a permanent event. Love all the free lootbox that offered by this board game.

Rather playing a rewarding childish event over edgy stingy event.

5 Likes

This game is super serious guys. How am I suppose to enjoy playing with my cartoon characters on a game when this board game event is going on.

13 Likes

Gaming is serious business…

3 Likes

Gamers time to rise up, it’s getting serious.

No.

My dad still game, and he’s almost 50 lol

3 Likes

Poor bugger probly still trying to jump on people to kill them.

Because we all know squishing something to death is much more pg then shooting them.

He doesn’t play HotS or any MOBA, never did, he play story single player adventure games or Witcher 3.

4 Likes

Thanks for the laugh!

(Some people take things way too seriously – this is a game!)

I need my daily dose of hots crack!!!

2 Likes

So many personal attacks in this thread simply because someone thinks this event is childish.

Definition of childish

1 : of, relating to, or befitting a child or childhood

The term is accurate. The amount of rule breaking disrespect OP is getting for the opinion is sad but the norm here.

3 Likes

This is no way a thread of which a moderator should lock it.

Nothing is wrong when the thread is about when the event will end.

Yes, it is by far the longest event, but hey, moar stuff.

I guess you are right. It isn’t OP’s fault for asking a question and sharing feedback about the event content.

As it always has been.

Yes, childish means that. Yes, the event is childish. But!
Saying something in a game is childish is like saying that those fish in the ocean are wet…
And the problem isn’t that she thinks the event is childish. Nor that she has a different opinion or dislikes it.
The problem was her way of saying that and asking for the removal of it because “it’s lame” and “gives me cringe”. Those are not valid reasons/points.

1 Like

You can’t assume a meaning other than the literal definition of childish. Also, OP never called for the removal of the content and was only asking when it would end so I am not sure how you jump to that conclusion.

1 Like

Can’t believe how whiny people are over a perfectly fine event.

It gives you endless quests which serve as an incentive to play different roles in order to fulfill them.
It gives you free lootboxes upon finishing those quests
It is repeatable until the event ends

This is an event done right. Sure, the theme may be a bit childish but it fits the Christmas theme it was made for.

If you played OW, you would know what lack of content and “boring events” truly meant. I would have killed for an event such as this in OW back when I was still excited for that game.

As far as I am concerned, this event can stay forever. The endless quests can even become a core feature. I have played more hots during this event than ever. Even invested in a boost which I had never done before.

2 Likes

I’m dying over the lack of actual content the events are in OW right now, I hope Archives don’t disappoint me and give me more PvE gameplay as they did in the last 2 events.

I actually dedicate more time to this specific event more than I do to the other seasonal events Overwatch get, I stay days trying to beat those PvEs arcade games on Legendary (and I do) because they are so good.

1 Like

It just breaks my heart that we basically are reduced to ONE lore update a year during archives and all it does is add one little mission for three weeks.

For a game made by Blizz…who made millions with this game.
For a game that won Game of the Year in 2016.
For THAT game.

That’s why I can’t understand why the HotS dev team gets shafted when they actually did good work on their IP as to where OW’s dev team did nothing but sit on their asses all day, developing e-sports goodies…

sigh

1 Like

I can assume a lot of things based on context and what meanings ppl gave to certain words (outside of their original definitions).

Blizz told us the event’s end-date: ingame, in patchnotes, on twitter, instagram, facebook, official website. Not once.
Only those can’t find it who don’t want to or can’t use google or any of those listed sources. Oh and those who want to rant about it.

4 Likes

This event is not for me either. I like board games and toys as much as the next person but this event is just cheesy and not in the good way.

3 Likes