Any Azmodan Players here? Best talents, Strats, etc

First off, before anyone tells me about Icy Veins, that’s a neat site but they can often be wrong on the best talents to pick. I’d rather take advice from players who’ve learned what works through sheer, longterm, battle experience.

So anyone want to talk Azmodan? He’s such a fun, weird character. My build:

Level 1- Gluttony Quest
Level 4- Army of Hell
Level 7- Master of Destruction
Level 10- Tide of Sin
Level 13- Cydea’s Kiss
Level 16- Hell Rift
Level 20- Black Pool

Starting off, Gluttony quest is a given. More globes.

Army of Hell: I have a problem with spamming monsters in most situations such as, after i’ve thrown a globe and used the Laser, and have nothing else but my auto-attack. I feel like i have to thrown SOMETHING into the mix to help out my guys. So i’m chucking monsters out the entire match. Which takes it’s toll on my mana. I try to refrain from spitting out monsters but, it’s hard. Army of Hell with it’s +10 second cooldown, forces me to lay off it. Also in many cases throwing out two monsters at once is better, such as when quickly grabbing a camp and needing to hurry. Also throwing them out as shields (Stiches hook).

Master of Destruction: I just can’t stand the idea of my laser only damaging (1) enemy at a time. I like how the explosion hits everybody close by. There have been many instances where i used laser, and the explosion killed another player accidently. Plus Good for camps also. Plus you can gain Anniliation fast this way.

Tide of Sin: Globes cost no mana and do 50% more damage. Enough said. Great for clearing out minions fast & gaining Annillation for each you kill with Globe.

Cydea’s Kiss: Shortens the channel time for the laser+replenishes health. But mainly because it’s shortens channel.

Hell Rift: Another upgrade to the Laser. This time, it spits out a monster once it channels fully ~OR!~ kills a hero/minion/structure. Plus all Azmo’s monsters gain Double damage for 5 seconds. Synergizes with Army of hell, you can have (4) monsters out at a time (plus demon Lt.), doing double damage. Very useful for grabbing camps quickly and attacking towers. And i’ve had it kill Hero’s that underestimated my monsters damage. I once turned the table’s on a pursueing Illidan. Hit him with laser and brought out my monsters just before it exploded. So it was suddendly me Vs 4 monsters, doing double-damage.

Black Pool: Leaves a pool at impact for 5 seconds doing extra damage. A natural power-up to the globe.

^^ Pretty good overall. And i suppose i power-up Globes/Monsters/Laser about equally. Any other Azmo players here? What do you pick?

Try this:

1 - Wrath
4 - Battleborn
7 - Bombardment
10 - Tide of Sin
13 - Brutish Vanguard
16 - Trample/Total Annhiliation
20 - Pride/Black Pool

Wrath quest has 2 advantages,

1. Easy stacks when hitting enemy tank units
  2. Upon quest complete you gain additional burst damage in the form of AA after you throw your ball (Allows for surprise damage factor)

Battleborn allows you to spam your demon warriors and lieutenants in the form of AA, also stacks with Bombardment.
Bombardment serves as good source of Annhilation, additional push power and as mentioned, stacks with battleborn.

Brutish Vanguard allows you to gain some CC on your demon warriors which is extremely valuable and easy to pull off as you will be spamming your warriors.

Trample grants additional form of survivability but can also be used offensively for burst, works great when chasing down and you can follow up with your AA (Wrath activated ofcourse) after landing your Q .

Total Annhilation is great when enemy has high hp heroes, other than that trample would be a better pick.

20 up to you, generally speaking if you are having a bad game and are not able to farm 400 stacks by 20, just go with Black Pool.

Alternatively you can also try this:

1 - Greed
4 - Battleborn
7 - Bombardment
10 - Demonic Invasion
13 - Chain of Command
16 - Hell Rift
20 - Siegebreaker

Battleborn and bombardment are just too good to give up imo

2 Likes

in general, AA build all the way, unless you need point and click damage HEAVILY, like tracers and such. reason why is with FULL AA build you will have more reliable damage, better stacking through just Autoes on tanks, With the AA CDR at 4 you can soak a little better with D in offlane and you can solo keeps/forts after 7 (with AA talents) without stopping as long as you are not interupted due to how fast you can get your minion summons.

The ult is up to you whether you want more siege or you want stronger Q’s.

If there is no AA talent (like lv 13, take empowered demon)

Azmodan main in diamond, lifetime 60-70% winrate.

His talent tree is good. You can go for all 3 builds but aa is generally very niche. I only go aa if im playing with another mage/have lots of enemy frontline i can aa. As a general rule tide of sin is for q build and demonic invasion is for aa/E builds.

E build is my personal favorite. Q build is also stellar.

Greed at 1 is something you should consider as well as trample at 16 and e talent at 20. The extra range is really beneficial. Trample gives you good mobility. Demonic invasion is very strong at fort destruction.

2 Likes

I’ve long since completly redone my Azmo. I got tired of feeling like the Globes barely did anything, that i could dunk all day and it wouldn’t matter really.

Now:

LvL. 1: Gluttony
LvL. 4: Army of Hell
Lvl. 7: Art of Chaos
Lvl. 10: Tide of Sin
Lvl. 13: Cydea’s Kiss (Makes laser faster)
Lvl. 16: Total Annilation
LvL. 20: Black Pool.

I just aim to power up the Globe as much as possible. So far it’s made a big difference. Before i was taking talents away from the Globe to power-up Monsters or the Laser, which was keeping the Globes from their Full-power.