Anduin Holy Word Salvation and Yul Poison Nova

So I ult as Anduin. Everyone is protected. Xul ults next to me. We don’t take any damage. My protected wears off and suddenly my health shows a DoT on me and I am almost dead.

Protected should mean exactly that: PROTECTED! Not taking DoT damage while protected that after protection ends suddenly fully hits me!

Protected is not invulnerable. You can still take ability damage when protected, but the damage is nullified (absorbed). Protected will evade all auto attack damage.

DoT deals damage. When protected the damage from DoT is nullified. After protected wears off the DoT damage is no longer nullified so starts affecting your health.

The damage of Xul’s Poison Nova does not “fully hits” protected victims because some of the DoT time is wasted damaging a protected target. Due to the nature of Xul’s Poison Nova DoT lasting a long time most of it is not nullified by the short duration of the Holy Word protected, but at least some of it is.

Due to protected granting evasion it is not possible for Lunara, Ana or Qhira to stack their DoT on protected victims by auto attacking. Lunara and Qhira can still stack their DoT on protected victims by using abilities on the victim while protected.

1 Like