Am I the only one that likes the new QM rules?

It’s great. Don’t think I’ve ever had a whole day of good kel’thuzad games in quick match.

Although, it would be great if blizzard took away that “expanded search” thing. I’m fully aware of the estimated wait time. Maybe if it exceeds the estimated wait by 2x or something, then it can expand the search, but otherwise, please don’t.

And as to queue times, any chance we could sort heroes by estimated wait? Be a lot cooler if we could…

13 Likes

Its great and better, but very long queue, did that mean low player ? Or everyone play assassin ?

Tank and support are very short queue.

2 Likes

you, me and a lot of other players think the new QM is better then the old one

others will disagree, but it’s just human nature for all humans to like/dislike different things.

5 Likes

I much prefer the new QM rules.

I have friends that don’t like them only because queue times are higher and they aren’t patient people. Playing HL 90% of the time teaches patience, at least with queuing.

2 Likes

Human are never happy btw ! :joy_cat:

1 Like

I think who like the new changes is a hardcore player, and who dosen’t like it is a regular player. If you don’t want to playing all day only 2 match a day before work, then the old version sounds better to me.

No i am not sure bro, i think everyone want better game still, even the casual i am not sure he like to be stomp in a unbalanced game :thinking:

But still, that still a thing, because like i said, some HERO are BAD, and need Rework (tassadar, some tank etc).

So if you get those guys, sure you will lose :sob:

I love it personally. Yes the games are slightly longer to get… but it actually makes other heroes viable in QM now. previously there was so many heroes you simply couldn’t Q into QM because you’d just die non stop and offer nothing.

2 Likes

The new QM rules are the best thing to happen to HOTS since I started playing in Beta. For all the hype 2.0 got, it pales in comparison to how much these changes improved the game. Quality matches every time. Even when I lose badly, it’s no big deal because I know the biggest reason we lost is we got outplayed.

Also, for those who dislike the queue times… what is preventing you from alt-tabbing? I queue up, watch a Youtube vid or two, then it pops and I get a quality match. Love it :heart:

7 Likes

I like the new QM rule too. It feels “fair” compare to the old QM rules.

4 Likes

when they work…shrug its just another match. when they dont work and it gives either team a tank/healer and not the other i hate it.

i also hate it when to build that “proper comp” it threw MMR out the Fing window and your stuck with a feeder (not in a negative way, just someone that dies way to often for what appears to be no reason).

Call me whatever you like, but overall no, im not really enjoying the new rules.

As a regular player, I like the changes as it’s a free 50% XP bonus for my most played role.

And its given me a reason to find supports I enjoy playing.

2 Likes

Unfortunately learned this the hard way. There are a lot of heroes that I really wanted to learn, but since I used to queue mostly solo… my winrates on those heroes reflected just how hard those games were; due to lack of coordination, and lack of team comp structure being an issue for nearly every game.

*****People who like the changes — scrubs, feeders, AFKS, the dead, your dogs mailmans boat, Blizzard’s entire white knight team… (paid and unpaid)

******People who hate the changes - everyone else.

2 Likes

Overall i would say i like the change, even though i miss the wacky randomness.

New QM changes were needed since alpha. I know 3 people who didn’t want to play due to how stupid QM matching has been.

I like the changes to make more balanced teams you’d see in TL/HL as well.
On the other hand, sometimes it was fun having a 5v5 assassin match with 30v30 kills.

1 Like

fake news.

supps and tanks also wait for 2 years until the game starts, it doesnt matter if they are marked with the green arrow or not.

and the quality of games dramatically decreased, tanks vs no tanks, supps vs no supps… 2 steps backwards.

Think the people unhappy with it are the following:

1. Dps players that were used to old short wait times.
  2. People in certain mmr ranges that play dps. I may not have numbers, but I think that lower MMR may have an extreme shortage of tanks and healers compared higher leagues. This can lead them to having expanded search place them against higher MMR.
  3. Accounts that qualify for new person match maker (think sub 100). Their wait times were long before the change, but I hear they are much longer now and tend to end up facing higher MMR.
  4. The people that got expanded search to the point the new role rules are thrown out the window. So they got to wait a long time for what is essentially the same type of game as before.

The matchmaker is completely busted. My friends and I will queue up as tank/healer and we will get a 10 minute wait where our team has tank healer and the other team has neither. The system is broken.