Alternative characters for a hero

My idea came from wanting some characters in game that i love in the original world but as they already have a similar alternative in HOTS its very unlikely that blizz would have released them.
So it would be something like a skin - same spells, abilities, mechanics but it’d be completely different character. (You can imagine it as in Heartstone)

So for example Milhaus Manastorm would be an alternative character for Kael thas.

3 Likes

I’m going far away, Thorin Oaken Shield replace as Varian and Arnold replace as Tychus and Tinkerbell as alternative for Tracer.

Also Jason Statham replace as Kharazim. lol

1 Like

:grinning: lol

/20char

believe, only kharazim’ s beards of his face need to be slightly shaved to get fitted with Jason.

This could work in like in the Injustice games where certain characters had skins that were actual alternate characters with different lines and such (Like Flash had Reverse Flash, Superman had Bizarro, and Captain Cold had Mr. Freeze)

So for example, people say we can’t have Grom Hellscream because he’s too similar to Garrosh (even using the same weapon). So, we could have Grom as an alternate skin to Garrosh, complete with new voice lines and such. His tints could include: normal (green skin), Draenor (Brown skin), and fel (red-skinned).

This could open up a lot of characters who couldn’t come in because there was already someone who played like they would. Though, it should be considered if said character would be an alternate skin or do they deserve their own slot? (For example, Tirion Fordring could be an alternate skin to Uther, but he probably has enough of his own indivuality to be a DPS character, like a retro paladin, wielding Ashbringer rather than copying Uther).

Replace Garrosh With Grom.

well the idea is the “alternate character skin” would be one of Garrosh’s skins would replace him with Grommash. Same moves and abilities, but it would be a new look and voice lines.

Of course, one could also argue that Grom could play differently enough from Garrosh (as a bruiser for example) that fights more offensively by, say, using his demon blood to fuel his abilities.

But regardless, doing alternate character skins can allow for a vast number of characters that would otherwise be unplayable or considered clones just because another similar ability character exists. You just need to give them their indivual look and new voice lines.

1 Like

Right, my post was down to simplest terms.

I do think Grommash should be his own character for sure, but if they had a Grom skin over Garrosh then that’s fine too.

I think a Cenarius over Malfurion would be a great skin too.

Release them both in an Ashenvale battle pack.