ALL Play Modes are currently disabled - File Corruption

I have been experiencing some issues since last patch (February 12: 2.43.0.72191), all playmodes from A.I. to Team League give me the same ‘This play mode is currently disabled.’
The screen for the brawl also appear white in the background and no information appear in hover-menus.

There is a pop-up saying that the program data file from battle.net cache 95 is corrupted (cant put the link…). It is inaccessible, popping up as corrupted when I access it manually.

I have tried restarting the game and the computer several times.
Uninstalled and resinstalled the client, still the same problem.
I tried to do a chkdsk or ScanDisk but this link is broken:
topic 20753145453
I have tried looking at forums but only as couple unanswered posts refer to similar issues.

I want to play the game, can’t figure out the issue. Anyone have info?

Hello Hedge!

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing these issues in Heroes… for clearing out Battle.net data that may have become corrupted, check these steps:

Deleting Battle.net Files

Once that’s done, please also try a scan and repair on the Heroes files:

Repairing Blizzard Games

Let us know if issues persist or anything else comes up!

@Metalagon Thanks for the tips, I however cannot find how to refresh BN files, this link is dead. It seems the second link is outdated as it describes features that have changed in the BN app UI.

Whoops! I broke the URL for the “Deleting Battle.net Files” link. Should be fixed now.

What seems to be different for the steps in the “Repairing Blizzard Games” article? I just checked with my own app and it matches the description. Actually, if it’s different for you, that may be the old B.net data affecting things…

I had the same issue and scan and repair tool fixed it. Thanks.

Glad to hear it, Katafalque!

I have been able to re-install BNet, reinstalled the heroes client. Same issue in the end.

[pre-edit]

The new URL links to Blizzard’s home web page. I foud the article on google.
It seems taht even after deleting all BNet files, I have an issue with Cache #95. Running the BNet Setup from downloads leads to the same error message calling out the corruption of cache #95, although it was just installed by the BNet wizard.

All this while the small ‘Starting Battle net’ window sticks around

Any ideas?

I have tried all of these things and yet my problem is still persisting. Any other tips to make any of my blizzard games work? None of them are working currently.

I have been able to start a game.
My PC prompted me to a black screen doing an automatic disk integrity check after restarting it. I let the whole thing run and reinstalled BNet and replacing the files in x86.

I don’t know how that got around the cache 95 being corrupted, since I can now access it and its content (multitudes of meaningless folders).

While I can’t speak 100% to why that may have happened, that very well may indicate a harddrive error. If it comes back, you might want to manually test the harddrive integrity and make sure all your security’s fully up to date. Beyond that, I’d try installing the game on a different drive to see if it fixes.

Let us know if it comes back after even that, and thanks for following up to let us know what resolved the problem for you.