Alarak W+Q order reverses sometimes (Patch 52.1)

I’ve played Alarak for years and have by muscle memory pressed and held W then pressed Q (which releases W and presses Q simultaneously). However, this patch I’ve noticed Q coming out first by accident quite frequently and it’s really messing me up; this never happened to me before. Is there some sort of new underlying behavior causing this? It appears nondeterministic and tends to happen more with high latency.

This bug is hella annoying. It is old and very annoying. This makes Alarak harder to master, even though he already is hard to master.

Really? I’ve been using the “on release” cast option on all my abilities (as per suggestion on this thread How to hit alarak's combo all the time? - #8 by Books-1515). Basically I used to hold W => Drag + Q and the W => Q combo would reliably come out. Since the last patch, I’ve noticed Q sometimes coming out first. This never happened to me before and I’ve been playing Alarak since release. I’m not sure why this is happening.

I wouldn’t say it’s common, but the Vector targeting on Telekinesis does sometimes fail completely. Maybe once per twenty casts?

Then he first casts Discord Strike + a completely still Telekinesis (that doesn’t pull anything) or just Discord Strike.

But it also could be my mouse going bad, so I’m not sure whether to blame Blizzard or my hardware. It could be a bug, but not necessarily.

I tried with multiple mice and keyboards.