Again, this morning we 5 soloers met a 4 party and being defeated

GL doing this when some people don’t speak / Type in the same language as you or are silenced in general. This happens…….a lot btw

Ok so we can now confirm they have a single advantage. A single advantage that is MASSIVE btw. I wonder what team would win more. 5 masters in a party or 4 masters with a troll / afk / feeder :crazy_face:

Guess we are also going to ignore the fact parties in QM also get the draft advantage while in modes such as Ranked they can aim for a specific comp a head of time while knowing exactly who / what they want ban. Kinda a nice little advantage there if you ask me.

1 Like

Sure … I guess. I mean, I can really only see this happening with problematic frequency in Europe and even then I’d need more convincing than “This happens … a lot btw”. I thought most European countries taught English in school and that most European citizens were fluent in both English as well as their native language. Maybe not Russians?

Maybe? I don’t think the opposition doesn’t have this opportunity either, but it still comes down to using the game tools (typing, voice chat) and not being an anti-social basket-case that refuses communicate with a team in a reasonable manner to win a team game. This is really just another version of this argument …

How often to troll/afk/feeder have Master+ MMR? I’m not a master player, so I will defer to you here but on the face of it, that example doesn’t sound right.

If you were to say 5 gold vs 4 gold + feeder, well sure, 5 gold do have a better chance. But I’ve already conceded that point, and I don’t accept it’s up to match maker to perform psychological analysis on every player to determine if a particular person will get triggered for no reason and throw the match, and rearrange the teams accordingly.

Really, this last point comes down to “Sometimes I have to play with feeders and trolls, it’s unfair that they don’t”. And to a (much smaller than is complained about) extent, that’s true. The solution, however, is not to force everyone to play with feeders and trolls, or stop people playing with friends so they have a non-zero change of getting a feeder or troll. The solution is to change trolls into not-trolls or to remove them.

1 Like

The irony is real

I don’t know about a lot. I haven’t seen a silenced player in over 8 months. And haven’t run into someone speaking another language outside of the PTR.

It is not massive. Official numbers show groups lose about as many games as they win. And when people win against a group, they act as if it doesn’t count.

it’s not being ignored. That’s why the game matches them with other teams.

Whenever you have a troll on your team, you will lose. It doesn’t matter if you play with or against a team.

People in this game honestly believe the 5 man team has a disadvantage when they premade and its so funny.

It’s so funny that no one ever said that.

Go check the ranked forums. You will see there is a guy who honestly believes 5 stacks have a MMR disadvantage and that randoms have the better odds. Its so dumb.

Oh, A single guy. I’m shivering.

It’s true that Blizzard adjusts MMR up for teams, but I don’t think anyone would actually assert that makes them be disadvantaged. The whole point is to try to get equal games which if Blizzard is not lying to us, pretty much happens more or less.

The point is someone is dumb enough to believe that is all. 5 man parties can and always will have the advantage in que

Except they don’t according to the data. It’s almost like there are more important variables at play, like their skill level.

2 Likes

Most of my experiences being matched with four stacks have been terrible. As you said they have often trolled or been no different from randoms, not on comms and many of them think they get some kind of MMR advantage by being 4 rather than a group of 5.

Would love to look at this data. Cause from bronze to diamond 5. I promise you 5 mans have the advantage.

That makes even less sense. Because individual skill levels determine success more than grouping. It’s only I would expect on the extreme ends of play where people who are ALREADY good and consistently practice together that you would utilize that supposed grouping advantage. A 5 man bronze team don’t magically become silvers just because they queue together.

Well lets see here. over 60% would be my guess on how much of the solo community likes to join ranked games for fun, lawls or to play someone they never have played ever in their lives.

Then combine that with how many people who make premades. The odds are heavly in the favor of the premades. Trolls and game throwers are out of control in this game and its why so many people will not play.

I think that even if the skills are even (or even the slight MMR reduction) a 5 man vs a 5 solos is 100% better. Maybe in lower leagues it isn’t because they still can’t coordinate (generalizing here), but IMO there is definitely an advantage (I am assuming they are on voice chat).

Maybe the solo’s can pull it off but is definitely a challenge and I think that groups of 4 or more should have a reduction in maximum MMR they can receive and the opposition should have a maximum they can lose.

The only problem with this idea is that 5 randoms not on voice is probably not as good but TBH this is a team game so voice is definitely recommended if people are going to stack up. They could fix this option with a “solo only” or “Max party of 2/3” options.7

From my personal experience i don’t have that much problems with 5mans. I often enjoy the fact that i’ve won with 4 randoms against a full premade and i will let the premade know this by b-stepping around their core :smiley:

The thing is that not every premade group knows how to coordinate and work together. I also play in different premades and sometimes it feels like playing with randoms because nobody is communicating… of course such a premade isn’t winning every match.

There is an additional challenge when you play solo: You might get into a team with toxic players, trolls, afks and so on. This factor gets almost eliminated if you play with a premade group even if you don’t coordinate/communicate well.
This kinda manipulates the statistics… unless someone makes a premade full of trolls xD

Or just stop matching 5 mans against randoms.

Or just stop making yourself a victim for no reason.

I don’t like they removed information, but I just gotta roll with it unfortunately

I have. I refuse to solo que in this game. Sucks I do not get to play as much as i want to but I no longer get game throwers anymore so.