Again team of 5 against solo team

Why this is still a thing in QM ? :thinking:

Please stop.

2 Likes

Because the teams are adjusted such that the solos have an MMR advantage, and if 5-stacks could only be matched against 5-stacks, the wait times would be horrendous. Since voice chat was added to the game, the groups no longer have a communication advantage by default.

8 Likes

this is still not an excuse, i am sorry but when i play with 4 friend we stomp nearly all the time solo player, because we are on vocal, we have pick hero for some nice combo, those who we fight don’t, this is unfair.

1 Like

Anecdotes aren’t evidence. Any chance you can post your QM win rates? I mostly queue with friends, and we win some, lose some.

Ver fun to fight etc + orphea + genji + hanzo + garrosh.

No counter for the moshpit, we are crused by the full team, great 21 - 4 for the moment i write this, while i am dead. Awesome thanks for the fun.

Not all 5 mans are on voice atleast non-tryhards. Most of then invited found eachother from lfg and play casualy. Like i was invited into a groupe with players i just won a game with. I playef ETC and the others played the same hero they won with and we won the game with 5 shots left on core vs a 3 man party and 2 random. And this post was written 20 min after i won vs a 5 man premade as solo que and a 4 man team.

2 Likes

Fun or not it doesn’t matter as having a pre-made group, whatever the size, is allowable in all modes except Hero League – which is the only true solo mode as all modes allow you to play with other people and form groups. The preference against 5 mans aren’t there by default it is more due to parameters expanding – and it is doubtful it will change because numbers just wouldn’t add up. The game is working as intended in pushing people to play as a group.

That said, don’t think that all pre-mades are actually coordinated, as noted above it is not uncommon for randoms to group up using the chat channel or discord community.

As for drafting counters considering that you’re playing QM it is not as if you actually made the effort to play a role that has an on demand interrupt so you’ll just have to roll along with your choice. It is a mode where the only input is that you pick a hero and play, expecting more from that is just not realistic – especially when they have to consider queue times etc.

2 Likes

i remember a old times when we will never face anymore premade 5 man against solo team, but now that come back a lot.

1 Like

Well it has to expand parameters to that degree first before pushing for a 5 man, it doesn’t immediately push you to play against a 5 pre-made group as solo, but as I said there just isn’t enough people playing to avoid this scenario.

2 Likes

yes and this is bad :frowning:

Most of the time you can’t even have a decent comp in QM. Solo vs premade it’s something that’s also pretty common.

When people just ask for fast queue regardless of everything else, those are the scenario that will show up no matter what.

3 Likes

I would suggest not playing a casual game mode that prioritizes SPEED over all other considerations if those other considerations are more important to you…

2 Likes

The problem here is more that they can pre-pick synergies, while the team of solos gets something random. Groups above three should only be able to pick full random – no roles, no favourites – or Cho´Gall.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see what percentage of pre-mades go for try-hard comps, and how many just play whatever they want to. I know most of the time I play with friends, we may have the roles filled, but don’t really worry about meta, or wombos, so much as people playing the heroes they enjoy. Generally when we want to set up “ideal” teams, we do that in draft modes, as even when we can make sure we have the main roles filled, we have no idea what map we will end up on, or what counters we will face.

A lot of the time, we just do silly things like “all protoss”, “For the Horde!”, “nothing but angels”, or the like. When we do ensure that we have at least a tank and a healer, we always face at least one tank and one healer. I have found myself as solo tank Artanis against a Diablo/Garrosh combo more often when queuing as 3 or more, than when I solo or duo queue.

Although you are correct, a group is more likely to have some sort of meta comp, I do wonder how prevalent that actually is.

4 Likes

Hah. We do that too. We also did ‘Warchief’ which is I suppose like your ‘Horde’ one, and ‘Must use a sword’.

This is what makes QM fun, screwing about with mates and trying to get unlikely comps to win.

3 Likes

Agreed, please stop complaining about QM. It’s quick, that’s all.

If you want things other than QUICK, start drafting!

2 Likes

Five in team not 100% the guarantee what they are not a random people to each other.

1 Like

I would be fine going with solos against a 5 stack if we were all evenly ranked. There should be a strong pro to grouping up so why not match more groups with solos or smaller groups?

Unfortunately, group vs group can be problematic because people will often play with others that are either much better or worse than other team members. For this reason I think the system should be built to push groups vs smaller groups and solos.

I was thinking more along the lines of ranked drafts. This would be a significant obstacle for QM. Would the forced tank + support per team help this for QM?

When? I played since open beta and i remember facing 5 stacks of ranks 1 because all i did was queue with my level 26 friend who was discovering the game.

Thank god the game prefers giving solos who have better MMR and better chances of winning than poor random chaps with no chance of winning because they merely wanted to play together.

Sure having 5men vs 5 men is what the game tries to do as a priority but it is not easily done so it has no choice to do this.

Of course you see nothing wrong with having people playing multiplayer game as a group waiting for eons to play.

1 Like
  1. Life isn’t always fair

2. you have voice chat, use it

1 Like