After the Last Patch, cannot open game on MAC

While we’re waiting, anyone want to play :

“Farthest fetched crazy theory about what’s broken?”

“DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client”

That’s logged by the Problem Reporter, not Heroes.

:+1:

Not a programmer so thanks for that, wasn’t aware but it makes sense.

when you look at the post-mortem you can clearly see that the localized host name is requested

So I just changed the host name and voila, no crash anymore!!! Funny thing is, when I change it back to old host name, it won’t crash anymore as well, so it looks as if changing the host name is related to the cause of the crash, and not the host name itself.

20 Likes

is that simple to do?

I used scutil, but before you try that you should try the ‘official’ way: Go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> Computer Name.

15 Likes

whatttttt that fixed it! Everybody shout out to this guy you legend

1 Like

Before I just had the default host name of “Macbook Pro”. I wonder if those who weren’t affected had already personalized their hostname. Talk about an easy fix. Awesome! Is there a blizz forums version of reddit gold we can give this guy? haha

1 Like

Can you try changing the name back to what it was when it crashed and see if that triggeres it again? Because on my machine it does not.

1 Like

LOL what a legend indeed. Fixed it for me as well. Seriously someone hire this guy!

1 Like

How do you change the host name? <---- no idead what he’s doing

nvm I see it explained above

Currently Im using default host name of “Macbook Pro", i changed it and it started working!

1 Like

Worked for me as well. @Fidibus Amazing

Just to confirm, this works the hostname change is all that was required…wow.

Outstanding work gentlemen.

Damn and it took me one day to figure it out when it was right before my eyes!

5 Likes

wow man, you got skillz, how did you even thiink of it ?

1 Like

hey what do you know, he’s right. changing the name in system pref actually fixes the problem. How odd.

Fidibus wrote:
" So I just changed the host name and voila, no crash anymore!!! Funny thing is, when I change it back to old host name, it won’t crash anymore as well, so it looks as if changing the host name is related to the cause of the crash, and not the host name itself.

[to change the host name] try the ‘official’ way: Go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> Computer Name."

I just wanted this to repeat at the current end of the thread. It works and this guy Fidibus is a genius!

4 Likes

Working here as well with change of host name via system preferences/sharing

Fidibus’s solution of changing host name worked for me as well. After a week of no solutions, Blizzard support should be paying you.

2 Likes