After Downloading Latest Patch, Cannot Open Game

Hi, I have just updated the game, ready for the new event but cannot open it. Now I get a message that says the game is running. Activity monitor says Heroes is taking up a lot of resources, fan kicks on as normal, but the app doesn’t open.

I tried deleting the battle.net folder, restarting the computer, allowing full permissions for heroes. I did a scan and repair from battle.net app and also changed the computer name (random suggestion I read). Nothing seems to have worked.

I know sometimes people post error logs. Not quite sure how to do that but if anyone could give instructions I can probably follow them.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue as well.

Same here,

13’ inch Macbook pro
Yosemite 10.13.6
16GB Ram

updated the game today with the “mechastorm patch“ and game doesn’t open, shows on the dock but nothing seems to happen

Same issue. Computer indicates game is running however nothing happens. Once I force quit and attempt to reopen HOTS I get a message that says “The last time you opened Heroes, it was force quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? (Footnote: If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself)” It gives a selection of “Don’t Reopen” and “Reopen”. Selecting neither option helps as it will cause a perpetual spinning loading icon or simply do nothing. Not sure what this means and yeah I’m on a MAC. Trying to close app doesn’t work either, I specifically have to force quit.

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.5
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, late 2013)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 mb

I ran repair protocol on HOTS with no luck. Deleted battlenet app and re-downloaded with no success. Some older threads from February suggested we change the computer name in system preferences > sharing > computer name. This also did not work.

Please expedite we want to play your game :stuck_out_tongue:

edit #1

I just closed my laptop screen while my app said “game running” putting it to sleep out of frustration and reopened it. Heroes of the storm overrode my current screen and popped up once it woke up. This might sound dumb but when your app says the game is running but nothing happens try putting your computer to sleep and reopening it. I want to play a game first but once I’m done I’ll rerun the experiment and will post an edit if it works again or if it was a fluke before I go to bed.

edit #2

Since that fluke my HOTS now starts normally. Hopefully it works for you and hopefully it continues for me.

This issue only faced by MAC users?
Anyone using Microsoft Windows facing?

Exact Same issue:
MacBook
Mac OSX Sierra (10.12.6)

Runs fine on my iMac (Retina) running 10.13.6

Is it an account issue?

any update on this? my game is still not working at all…

What errors are we getting if any? Would it be possible to email me a System Profiler Report then reply to this thread letting me know the email was sent?

To: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: For Kaldrydis - HOTS Mac Issues

Note, this inbox is for files only. We do not monitor this inbox so if we do not have a forum thread or support ticket to go with it, the email may go unopened.

Thanks!

edit #1

I just closed my laptop screen while my app said “game running” putting it to sleep out of frustration and reopened it. Heroes of the storm overrode my current screen and popped up once it woke up. This might sound dumb but when your app says the game is running but nothing happens try putting your computer to sleep and reopening it. I want to play a game first but once I’m done I’ll rerun the experiment and will post an edit if it works again or if it was a fluke before I go to bed.

this actually worked for me; opened the game and then closed the laptop, went to work, came back later on the evening and the game was live, played a couple of matches and then closed the game and opened it again just to be sure it worked